Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Existing customer upgrade

New Poster

Existing customer upgrade

Is there not a way for exisiting customers to get upgraded equipment?  I can't find a way to do it online, and I absolutely cannot stand trying to get through the automated run around when I call.  I chatted with someone online at least two months ago who assured me they would be sending me new equipment, but that never actually happened and I am still using the same stuff I got three years ago.  Meanwhile, I am watching tv and the happy new comcast customers have newer upgraded remotes...not to mention my internet went from nice and fast to hardly able to handle two devices at the same time.  

Meanwhile, AT&T keeps sending me invitations to switch back to DirectTV with more perks, so maybe it's time to ditch cable after all?

Official Employee

Re: Existing customer upgrade

Hello jreed678, you can get new equipment at any time all you need to do is take your old equipment into a local Comcast service center and they will swap out your old equipment for you at no charge. We can also send the equipment to you in the mail or have a tech come out and install new cable boxes, remotes and a modem for you. If you would like a tech to come out or the equipment shipped please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me".

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation