Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Existing Customer Promotions/Authorized User - New Customer?

New Poster

Existing Customer Promotions/Authorized User - New Customer?

Our bill has gone up much higher than we're willing to pay. I just made some changes with Customer Service but it's still more money than we can currently pay every month. The previous time I had my account reviewed it was suggested I switch from a Double Play to a Triple Play package for better costs, only now I've been told that since I'm in a Triple Play package I'm not even eligible for Double Play promotions anymore? And even though I own my own modem I now have to pay a $10 fee for a modem I don't use but can't return without losing my promotion, at which point I would need to pay individual pricing on Internet and TV because I'm not eligible for Double Play promotions.

Is someone who used to be an authorized user on an account but isn't any longer eligible for new customer promotions? If so then I'll cancel my package and my roommate will sign up. Or is there any way for an existing customer to get access to these promotions? I'm highly considering cutting cable and moving to YouTube TV and Philo at this point. No DVR, "HD Technology", or Modem fees there, I'd still get all the channels I watch, and it would actually meet our budget. I'd prefer to stick with Comcast as having all our channels in one place is convenient, but I can't justify the price difference anymore.