Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Existing Customer Elderly Discount

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

Existing Customer Elderly Discount

My 85 y/o father is a long time Comast TV customer on a fixed income who uses autopay so never a late payment. He doesn't have internet. Doesn't use on Demand. Doesn't use DVR.  Prices for his monthly TV continue to increase and in order to reduce cost his is down to minimum channels but TV is his only entertainment.  How can we negotiate a reasonable price for cable without having to call each month after the fees/added costs/package price increases?  He is so frustrated and disappointed. Please help make an old man happy with your suggestions on how to negotiate a deal.  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Re: Existing Customer Elderly Discount

Hello @BLL30068. We certainly value all our customers, including your father. While our price rates are not negotiable, I can assist with reviewing your fathers account for lower cost options that may be available. Please send me a private message and include your full name, your fathers full name, his service address, and  his account number so I can assist you. You must be added to his account as an authorized user in order for me to be able to assist. 

View answer in context
New Poster

Your Dad sounds a lot like mine, 20 years ago. He got so tired of increases he cancelled cable. I used to tape westerns on my TV and take the tapes over to him to watch. There are good digital channel signals available for free in my area. I can pick up stations 90 miles away. The older customers don't use most of the services that Comcast tailors for younger folks but they end up paying for the services anyway. Call Comcast and ask for customer retention and plead your case. If they can't help then vote with your feet and spend a little money to get him hooked up to recieve the free broadcast signals available. The increase in my Comcast bill this month was twice as much as my Social Security raise last month. So much for banking any of that money. The Comcast CEO makes in excess of 30 million a year. He should send your Dad a thank you note!  Good luck and it's nice to see you looking out for your Dad.

Official Employee

Hello @BLL30068. We certainly value all our customers, including your father. While our price rates are not negotiable, I can assist with reviewing your fathers account for lower cost options that may be available. Please send me a private message and include your full name, your fathers full name, his service address, and  his account number so I can assist you. You must be added to his account as an authorized user in order for me to be able to assist. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation