Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Erroneous Modem Rental Charge

New Poster

Erroneous Modem Rental Charge

I purchased the service on September. I have heard about complaints from my neighbours that comcast might sneak in modem charges even if I dont rent it. So i made sure i never got a modem from Comcast and went to Costco and got a Netgear Nighthawk

October2017 - $64.71  (no rental Intenet/Voice Equipment)

Novemeber2017 - $64.72 (no rental Intenet/Voice Equipment)

December2017 - $75.42 (suddenly a rental Intenet/Voice Equipment for $10 and extra tax $0.70 was added)

How can suddenly rental be added when i never made a request or changed my plan or rented any device? there is no history or evidence?

Does xfinity expect us to monitor the bill eveymonth and spend an hour with customer service to fix this every month.

I need assurance that xfinity will not suddenly take extra $10 or change the bill without my consent over call or email

This post is also to ensure I have record of this incident in future for legal records.

Currently working with Agent over who is helping me on Refund

Official Employee

Re: Erroneous Modem Rental Charge

Hello remigious. If you need assistance with the modem rental fee, and the agent you are working already does not help you, let me know so I can step in and take a look. I'd be happy to help. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation