Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Ecco Billing

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 6

In the last year Comcast billing has me totally frustrated.  This $10 Ecco charge is hidden in the billing.  It is totally unconstructional to charge $10/month to send you a paper bill, which comes to $120/year.  There is no utility company that has this practice.  I have been a loyal and very satisfied customer for 26 years until Ecco  arrived.  Considering writing to the newspaper or contacting the TV news.

5 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 6

Hello raymond4,

I apologize for any misunderstanding regarding Eco-Bill. However, there is no charge to receive paper bills. The $10.00 charge in questioning is actually a discount that a customer would receive for being enrolled in Eco-Bill & Auto Pay while subscribed to a qualified package. If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Gold Problem Solver

Message 3 of 6

ComcastSheoneka wrote: ... However, there is no charge to receive paper bills. ...

Ah, the twilight "science" of Marketing. Comcast will eventually render every word in the language meaningless if we let them, and turn all our brains to mush in the processes.

At an apartment I once rented, the management didn't charge a $10 "late fee" if your check didn't reach them by the 1rst; instead, they offered a $10 "on time discount" if the check reached them by the 1rst. What they called it hardly mattered. What mattered is that if you paid after the first, you paid $10 more.

Likewise with ecobill/autopay. Customers who want to receive a paper bill, or who don't trust autopay, pay $10 more then ecobill/autopay customers pay. Whether you call that $10 difference a "discount", a "penalty", or a "purple cow" hardly matters.

The $10 difference matters. Once again, Marketing doublespeak triumphs over common sense.

Posted by
Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 4 of 6

I'm already enrolled in "autopay.  Are you saying if I enroll in ecco and autopay, I can still receive a monthly paper bill in the mail???

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 5 of 6

Raymond4, 

You cannot still receive a paper bill in the mail. If you subscribe to Eco-Bill, you will receive a paperless bill, which is an exact replica of the paper statement. With Eco-Bill, each month a reminder is sent to your email address that will notify you that your bill is now available. 

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 6 of 6

I’m very disappointed in Comcast. I have been a loyal customer for over 30 years never has I been late for a payment. Now I just got off the phone with Tensiha and she even asked her supervisor about me continuing to pay my own bill electronically through my bank. She said her supervisor said there is no way around eco bill as of 01-01-2017 that is how the computers are set up. Very unsatisfied