Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Early Termination Fee

Regular Visitor

Early Termination Fee

I called Comcast to ask why I have such a high bill on my account. I asked the agent and tried to make arrangements and was not given any option to do so. I had no option but to cancel my service and the agent was very helpful and canceled my service right away and I was assured by the agent that I will not have any charges and everything is paid, no early termination fee was mentioned at all. Anyway I know I wasn't going to be charge ETF as I am done with my 1year contract and when I kept my service after a year I was never told by customer service that there will be another contract if I continue the service, and so I wasn't worried at all. I was surprised when I received a bill from them in the mail and much to my surprise I was being charge $387.62. I was in total shocked as it was conflicting with what the agent told me and when I saw $210 of it was for early termination fee!! First of all if I was told that there will be a $210 ETF I would've think twice before cancelling my service. Second I was told by the agent I spoke to that I will not get anymore charges as I am covered from my last payment. Can someone please take a look at my account and fix this charges. I refuse to pay this amount and if I have to go to court for this I definitely will. Other cable company clearly states on ther bill when the customer contract will end but I'm afraid it is nowhere to be found with Comcast Xfinity.
And Comcast didn't get contented and sent my bill to collection right away.
IMG_1897.JPG
New Poster

Re: Early Termination Fee

The ETF's are borderline illegal, I dont know how they get away with it. I moved out of a comcast service area, I got my bill at my new address, a state away and they were charging me $110 ETF. 2 months before I moved my bill went up $40 because my promo had ended, I wasnt going to fight them, had to move away. When I called to cancel, the 1st thing they said, is it price?, we can help u with that, I said no, I'm moving. Got the new bill ETF on it, I called and explained, no problem, the agent said, we will take it off and generate a new bill. The new bill still had the ETF, I called again and was told, too bad, u moved away, no theres nobody else here you can talk to u  have to pay it. Next day, I chatted online, for an hour and was told np, we will take it off, paid balance by cc, then and there ok done right?? So now a month and a half later i get a bill from a collection agency for $50?? I check my comcast acct which is still active for some reason, and there's a balance of $50 due 1-17-17, it's not even late, yet a collection agency already has it!!!

Regular Visitor

I tried reaching out to them and was advised that they will review my case and call me back. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for their call.  The collection agency already had reported it to all credit bureau and took a ding on my credit report.  I would suggest to avoid Comcast if you don't want your credit score get ruined.

Admin1

Vien08 -- Our Payment Services group reviewed your account and verified that these ETF's are valid. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon