Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

ETF

New Poster

ETF

When we signed up for Xfinity, we had just moved to TN. We specifically told the rep we were in transition and would be in an apt for a few months while we looked for a house. She said no problem just call and transfer service over. We moved 2 exits away from where we are. When we called to transfer service they said you are not there and I would be charged $190. It is not my fault that you do not cover my area a few miles down the road!!! I am telling everyone and putting it out on social media. AT&T did not charge us when this same scenerio happened an I thought you were better than that. I loved your service but will NEVER use you again!

Service Expert

Re: ETF

@mango79 wrote:

When we signed up for Xfinity, we had just moved to TN. We specifically told the rep we were in transition and would be in an apt for a few months while we looked for a house. She said no problem just call and transfer service over. We moved 2 exits away from where we are. When we called to transfer service they said you are not there and I would be charged $190. It is not my fault that you do not cover my area a few miles down the road!!! I am telling everyone and putting it out on social media. AT&T did not charge us when this same scenerio happened an I thought you were better than that. I loved your service but will NEVER use you again!

At the time you signed up for service, you and the rep probably didn't know that where you were planning to move had no Comcast service and you were put into a contract.  While it's not your fault Comcast isn't in that area, you are the one effectively breaking the contract, not Comcast.  The ETF would apply.

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Admin1

Re: ETF

Hi mango79 -- Our contracts are a two-way agreement. We agree to provide you set package price for the duration of that contract and you agree to keep your service for the duration of that contract. Moving to an area that we do not service breaks your end of the contract since you are not keeping the service for your contract duration.

The link provided by Expert Again has the correct information about our Early Termination Fees. Our contracts do have language in them that state if you disconnect your service for any reason, this would include moving to an area that we do not service, then Early Termination Fees apply. 

Something we can do is look at doing a service extension to your new address. Would you be interested in that?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation