Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

ETF waived if moving in where Comcast is already used?

New Poster

ETF waived if moving in where Comcast is already used?

Will Comcast way the ETF if I move in with  friends that already have Comcast? Since there is no way for me to get Comcast since the service is already established at my new address? 

Accepted Solutions
Expert

Re: ETF waived if moving in where Comcast is already used?

Blackjackmark21 wrote:

Will Comcast way the ETF if I move in with  friends that already have Comcast? Since there is no way for me to get Comcast since the service is already established at my new address? 

If you're in a contract, no, they won't waive the ETF.  Although your friends have Comcast, you're not transferring your account, you would be canceling your account.  And, since there is already an account at that address you wouldn't be able to transfer your account.

All Replies
Expert

Re: ETF waived if moving in where Comcast is already used?

Blackjackmark21 wrote:

If you're in a contract, no, they won't waive the ETF.  Although your friends have Comcast, you're not transferring your account, you would be canceling your account.  And, since there is already an account at that address you wouldn't be able to transfer your account.