Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Dropping television service and maintaining internet only

Regular Visitor

Dropping television service and maintaining internet only

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to cancel my television service and maintain internet only service. I do not use the television box and have not watched it in over 6 months but continually pay for the broadcast fees and taxes for it. I want to get into an internet only service for a reasonable price. I know others in my area who have been provided with great rates and I see no reason why I can not be offered them as well. I have been a comcast Xfinity customer for numerous years and have always paid my bills in full and on time. Where can I go to find a solution that allows me to retain my internet service with you but no longer be subscribed to television I do not use or want?

Thank you,

Sbradshaw75

Regular Contributor

Re: Dropping television service and maintaining internet only

By chance did you try calling customer service and getting a quote?   Real easy to do.   They just told me 89.95 for 100mbs and 92.95 for 150mbs but be warned its not the same in all areas of the country and yes this is a bit steep.  They just upped internet prices too.

But with internet only you know what you are getting and its harder for them to screw you.

jess

Regular Visitor

I've seen multiple people get responses on the forums by moderators but they seem to be passing my thread up. Do only outraged and angry posts get replies here? I have called and chatted online and the only "deals" they have offered to me are well over what I am paying now for my service. I assumed that coming to the forums and being calm and level headed would at least allow me to speak to someone here who would be willing to help me but maybe you have to throw a tantrum to get noticed?

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and  full service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation