Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Downgrading service at end of my term agreement only to be told my term was extended another year

New Poster

Downgrading service at end of my term agreement only to be told my term was extended another year

I recently logged onto chat with a comcast agent (I saved the transcript) about downgrading my services to internet only. She said that would be no problem and quoted me the prices for 3 different internet speeds. I was told there would be no fees associated with this change but that I would need to call to change the service. When I called, the phone agent informed me that the prices she gave me were incorrect and, in fact, the price for internet only would be almost as much as the current package I have. She said the info and pricing I was quoted by the chat agent would not be honored and "sometimes they get things wrong".

Secondly, while speaking with the phone agent, I was also informed that my term agreement ends in February of 2019. When I returned a modem in Feb. of 2017 at our local office, the desk agent looked at my account and offered us a Triple Play pkg, saying it was cheaper, that there would be no extension of the term agreement we currently had in place, and we should see the reduced billing changes on our next cycle. I asked for a copy of the agreement and she said she could only offer us a receipt for the return of the modem (which I kept and made note of our conversation on). 

Can someone assist me in these two issues? 

Official Employee

Re: Downgrading service at end of my term agreement only to be told my term was extended another ...

Hello tspbrown. I can assist with reviewing your internet only service options as well as research your current package promotion and agreement. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation