online now

discussions

Downgrading Fees!

SOLVED
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I have a 1 year contract for internet only, for $19.99 monthly.  I've had this for 3 months and everything is fine.  I went to Comcast store last week and got sold on a 2 yr TV contract.  The sales lady says that anytime during the 2 year period I can downgrade and go back to my original 1 yr. internet only service without any cancellation fees!!!  Is this true?  I always have doubts when visiting local Comcast store as to what they are saying!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 3
Solution

azbycx1 wrote:

I have a 1 year contract for internet only, for $19.99 monthly.  I've had this for 3 months and everything is fine.  I went to Comcast store last week and got sold on a 2 yr TV contract.  The sales lady says that anytime during the 2 year period I can downgrade and go back to my original 1 yr. internet only service without any cancellation fees!!!  Is this true?  I always have doubts when visiting local Comcast store as to what they are saying!!

You can upgrade or downgrade without any fees as long as you keep one service.  However, having said that, you might not be able to get the same $19.99 price for internet if that was a promotion for a new customer.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 3
Solution

azbycx1 wrote:

You can upgrade or downgrade without any fees as long as you keep one service.  However, having said that, you might not be able to get the same $19.99 price for internet if that was a promotion for a new customer.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Hello azbycx1, this information is correct. Like Again said if you do decide to go back to your previous promo, it may not be available. Feel free to reach out to us if you need any further assistance. Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.