Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Do all questions eventually get answered?

Frequent Visitor

Do all questions eventually get answered?

Just wondering if every question gets addressed that is posted here that is looking for an answer - I realize some people are angry and are simply venting...  

I'm new to this and scanning through these posts I have noticed many that are well over 2 weeks old that don't have a response from a representative. Others might be only a few days old and have an answer already. I would think our questions would fall into an organized que and be answered in order of recieved, but that does not appear to be the case from my observation. Can someone tell me, does this work by 'topic'? Might one subject get answered before another? What happens to the folks who have posted weeks ago but have no answer? Has anyone here posted a question and 'not' gotten an answer? Thank you so much for your help. I'm certainly willing to wait my turn because I know the representatives get a huge amount of questions in a day and we can't all be answered at once..... but what would a normal amount of 'waiting' time be? 

New Poster

Re: Do all questions eventually get answered?

hmmm... that is a good question to which I don't know the answer to, but I would sway towards the side of common sense. Like for example if the question asked is too complicated to answer then it may be better for the person to call in and speak to someone directly. I don't think a public forum is a place where questions are answered in the order in which they were received. I've been around public forums for over 15 years and I've never seen that happen. 

Service Expert

First off this is primarily a customer-to-customer forum.  We do have Official Employees that answer questions when customers can't.

For the Official Employees, yes, there is a queue that all posts go into, so it's basically first-come, first-served, unless a customer or moderator is able to answer the questions or solve the issues.

Some posts are answered behind the scenes, so to speak, or the customer has called in to Customer Service to get their issues taken care of.  This is noted in the queue.

[Note: The sending of unsolicited Private Messages to anyone, including Official Employees, is against Forum Guidelines, although many people seem to think it is acceptable and do it anyway.  This is not a direct contact Help & Support Forum, so we ask that you post your issue in the open in the correct forum.]

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. Very much appreciated. 

Frequent Visitor

Well that makes sense!

I was reading all of the replies from the official employees on here and wondered how it worked. In seeing that there are questions that have over 100 views and no reply 'except' for that one expert who reached out... I guess I misinterpreted how the interaction of the board was to be used. Thank you for your reply. 

New Poster

Yes you did get some good answers and I agree with the statements you received. I'm glad the topic captured the interest of a few. I am an official employee, but am not an official participant of this customer to customer forum. I provide opinions on here as a regular customer. 

Glad some of the official participants were able to help. 

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation