Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Disputed bill now in collections, called three times to try to resolve billing errors

Regular Visitor

Disputed bill now in collections, called three times to try to resolve billing errors

After canceling my Xfinity service three days into my billing cycle, I kept receiving bills for "Additional services", charges for the previous month which had already been paid, and a $130.00 early termination fee. My question is: Early termination of a service that's paid in advance?? I was never credited for the remainder of the month I had already paid for. I have a bank statement proving that that payment was made and Comcast failed to credit it to my account. After calling Comcast "Customer Service" ( what a joke), I asked the rep to explain the various charges and was told that I would just have to pay the bill. I called back a few days later and the rep told me she was going to bump my call up to a supervisor. After waiting for 20 mins. on hold, I was asked to enter my zip code, which I did (three times) and then my call was terminated. The same thing happened the next time I called, so I gave up. Comast,  do you seriously expect me to pay for charges you can't even explain to me?? Even though I disputed this bill as soon as I received it, apparently no record was made of my calls and I was never contacted to discuss my dispute, and now this disputed bill is in collection. Thanks Comcast.

Service Expert

Re: Disputed bill now in collections, called three times to try to resolve billing errors

Early termination fees are paid when you cancel service if you're in a contract.  So, if you canceled while in a contract then you will be assessed an ETF.

For correct information regarding Early Termination Fees please see here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Re: Disputed bill now in collections, called three times to try to resolve billing errors

Having been with Comcast for fifteen years, the only time I signed anything was back when I started the service. Everything else has been verbal and done over the phone. So exactly, what is early termination? According to the ETF description, any cancellation at any time is subject to the ETF. If Comcast feels that I owe them anything for cancelling my service after fifteen years AND PREPAYING for the service during that time, that's too bad.  

Service Expert

It doesn't deal with anything prepaid, only in relation to a term contract and how many months are left on the contract.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Thanks 'Again' for providing that valuable information. 

Hello ssilvi. I can assist in reviewing your account's billing history and Early Termination fee. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation