Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Dishonest billing

Frequent Visitor

Dishonest billing

I've had enough, I'm finally leaving Comcast and I don't care how fast their internet is. I'm also sending a copy of this message to the FCC.
Several months ago I got a couple months behind on paying my bill, because as you all know Comcast loves to jack up the cost for your services at the end of your plan so you're forced to contact them to renegotiate the terms of your services. I'm on an very limited budget due to starting my own business and I just need internet only to do my business and personal transactions. I informed Comcast I could not have my services exceed $60 per month. They said the only plan available was this plan for internet and voice combo. However, I own my own equipment and my modem doesn't have a phone jack, because I have my cell phone I have absolutely no need for the voice part of the plan. I never had voice connected to my service and have no need for it, but I agreed to the plan because it was under the $60 my budget allowed.
My main issue with Comcast is I cannot get caught up on my bill because I'm getting double late fees charged twice a month and I'm paying late fees on late fees. Also, since I'm not getting caught up they have disconnected my services a couple times and charged me $6 a piece for a reconnect, 1 for the internet and 1 for the voice which I can't even use (so what exactly are they reconnecting?). With all these fees, $32 tacked on every month it's no wonder I can't catch up. I was better off with the $80 they were charging before I renegotiated. *Edited Post*

Screenshot_2018-04-05-15-34-59.png
Official Employee

Re: Dishonest billing

Hi nineve66, 

Sorry you feel this way. In regard to your billing concerns, I'd be more than happy to see if we have any internet only promotions that will lower your monthly rate, but any service fees and late fees that have been billed would still remain valid. Anytime an account is disconnected, there will be charges billed for the reactivation of the services. 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation