Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Deceptive Billing Practices

Regular Visitor

Deceptive Billing Practices

Mid-January I began losing internet connectivity on a daily basis. I contacted Comcast support via chat using my phone's 4G connection; the support rep tried to send refresh signals to my Comcast supplied modem, but was unsuccessful. This resulted in the support rep scheduling an on-site service visit. My Comcast supplied modem was reset during the on-site visit, finally resolving the issue. However I just found out I was charged $40 for this in-house visit. NO ONE - Not the rep on the internet, nor the on-site service technician informed me I would be charged. It's pretty deceptive to charge me to fix something that I'm already paying for - which should be working - and not even bother to inform me. 

I contacted billing and support and they're unwilling to refund this $40 charge. 

I'm curious what other items Comcast charges for and doesn't tell their customers about? Am I going to be charged for posting this complaint? I'm guessing I'll be charged for talking to a billing representative who was unwilling to do anything to resolve this issue as well. 

Regular Visitor

Re: Deceptive Billing Practices

I assume no Comcast reps are chiming in here, else I'd likely be charged. 

New Poster

I pay 60 for the internet and voice bundle. So why do I have separate charges for internet?
Regular Visitor

It’s usually separated out in your bill, but they didn’t even inform me that I’d be paying to fix something that should be working (because that’s what I’m paying for - working internet).

Tell me Comcast reps, if your local water main breaks due to a burst pipe and you inform the appropriate county officials - are you expected to pay to fix the broken pipe? No. The mental gymnastics Comcast performs to justify their pricing and charging is ridiculous.

Appears the reps on this board are more concerned with roping folks into new contracts or charging more money, as evidenced by the multiple replies to other posts. Suppose I’ll try the FCC.
Official Employee

Hello @havard114. We apologize for the delay in getting to you. I can assist with reviewing the technician visit fee you were charged. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) and click Private Message Me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation