Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Deals for Existing Customers

New Poster

Deals for Existing Customers

I noticed my bill went up this month. My one year promotion ends on Feb 5th. I have internet and TV and I would like to find any offers for existing customers that will lower my bill. If any Xifnity support can help me I would appreciate that. When I tried to manage my service online to find better deal, the rates were actually even higher.

Thank you

Official Employee

Re: Deals for Existing Customers

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

My two year agreement ends in May. I've already called Comcast Customer support to have them tell me my bill will increase by $50. There is nothing they can do to help.

The first agent I spoke to kept saying "if you lived in TX or CA, you'd be paying alot more!". I said I do not live in TX, or CA..what is the current package plan? Honest ---she said this THREE times. Thought I would hear a rooster crow.  

Comcast person--are you saying you can give me a lower price, or keep my current price..if you help?  

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check and see if there are any available promotions for you. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name on your account, street address including city, state, and zip code (apartment number if one on the account), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Call then because you cannot do anything online as an existing customer which I think it's against the law so-called in 4 a cheaper plan because mine's went up when I was told that it didn't or wasn't going to go up when the year was up and the girl or lady just kept saying don't worry about it as if she was going to pay the extra amount looking around for a different company because this one is definitely a ripoff
Official Employee

Sudden increases in fees are usually at the end of a promotional/ discount period. Discounted pricing only lasts for a limited period of time and does eventually shift to Everyday Price. We offer customers an introductory discounted rate for the first 6 months, 1 year, or 2 years depending upon the offer. After the introductory period offer expires, the price does go to what we call Everyday Price or regular rate. I can assist with a review of lower-priced offers that may be available to your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem. A lot less service and channels for only $10 less than what I was paying, 146.00 and now I am paying 196.  Seems current customers aren't valued

Contributor

If you have a local Xfinity store, I would encourage you to visit it and see what type of deal they can give you. They could turn out to be better than what you'll get quoted over the 800 phone number.

My own recent experience:

I knew my old 2-year HD Preferred Triple Play agreement was set to expire and that my rate was going to dramatically go up. I called the 800 number to see what my options were before my plan expired. Her explanation of what she was offering me was difficult to follow, with her throwing all kinds of different numbers at me (which I felt was intentional). Finally, in the end, what I understood was that she could give me HD Premier Triple play for $159.99/mo for the first year, and the second year would be $184.99/mo. I told her I wanted to think about it for a little while.

Exacerbated by the phone call, I decided to go to my local Xfinity store so I could speak with a rep face-to-face. He offered me HD Premier for $159.99/mo for 2 years, and the 3rd year would be at $184.99/mo!!! (The early termination fee would end after the 2-year period, and at least I was guaranteed a price for the 3rd year.) I told the rep that I was quoted something different when I called the 800 number. I could tell that he didn't want to go down that road, so I left it alone and just signed his offer.

The next day, I called the 800 number again because I was trying to get the contract terms in writing (which I'm supposed to be able to get in My Accounts online, but couldn't). During the conversation, I told this rep that I got a better deal at my local store than what I was quoted over the phone. Believe it or not, she told me that she could not even offer me the $159.99/mo for first year, $184.99 second year deal that I was offered over the phone just one day prior! All she could give me was retail price of $221/mo! She then told me that she recently learned (from her supervisor) that customers can often get better deals by visiting their local store. Maybe it doesn't always happen, but in my case it did. I told her that I'm sure many people don't know this, because most probably think of Comcast as more like a utility, and all rates are the same no matter where you purchase. I certainly thought that was the case.

If you do get a deal from a local store, get a print out of the contract while you're there because for whatever reason you can not access the contract online. I had to go back to the store the next day and shake the written contract out of them.

Anyway, I hope my own little story ends up being beneficial to someone out there!

New Poster

I want to know what kind of deals can you offer your existing customers.  The prices you offer online are just for new customers, why can’t you offer the same prices for existing customers. 

New Poster

Thanks for the info.  The CSR from the 800 number is not consistent , you can call one day and the next day it’s something totally different.  

Official Employee

I want to know what kind of deals can you offer your existing customers.  The prices you offer online are just for new customers, why can’t you offer the same prices for existing customers. 

Busybee2, Everyone is given a promotion pricing period at the start of service. Moving forward, pricing and promotions vary based on market availablilty. 

If anyone wants me to take a look at any available promotions for existing customers, I can do so. Just send me a private message with your account info. I am a member of our corporate forums team and can assist here. 

KenF

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 8 in conversation