Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Data overcharges and getting it resolved quick

New Poster

Data overcharges and getting it resolved quick

First, In June we ordered unlimited data to our internet and for some reason the unlimited data was taken off the account within 3 days of the order.  

Not knowing that this happened overage charges were generated every month.  I noticed this issue and called and spoke with your customer service department and security assurance department for several months.  

This issue finally got resolved in November and a credit of 370.00 was applied to the account for the inconvenience.  I was told by a security assurance representative over the phone that the issue was resolved (last month) and the unlimited data was applied to the account and everything was fine.  

Was confirmed numerous times on this call that my monthly rate was going to be around 210.00 a month and no more.  

Well just check this month and last month’s bill and it looks like we are still being charged for overages.  I called today to speak with 3 of your representatives to start this 3 month process again.  Because there is no note on the account of the amount my bill is supposed to be and the unlimited just started last month no credit will be refunded to me is what I was told.  This is ridiculous.  If the initial order made in June was done correctly all these data over charges would not be generating.  This is an issue with your system and employees not ours.  Why is that every month we keep getting charged overages when we pay the additional charge for unlimited.  

We need the account credit back the overage charges and the overcharge option needs to be removed from the account since we are under the unlimited data (and should have been on the unlimited data since June).  This is all that I am asking for.  Please fix the account so that the unlimited data package is what we have and no more overage charges from June 2017 to current date should generate on the account.  The monthly bill should be somewhere around 210.00 a month not 300.00.  

If you  can’t help me with this issue can you please let me know someone that can.  My husband wants to go back to CenturyLink and I don’t so the sooner the better with the response would be helpful.  Weekend is coming up and if I can’t get this resolved today I think we will cancel our service with Comcast on Monday and switch over to Century Link.  

Official Employee

Re: Data overcharges and getting it resolved quick

Hello Woodclan007. I can assist in reviewing the account for Unlimited Data, as well as review your internet usage fees. To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation