Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Customer has been blocked from using Card Instrument

New Poster

Customer has been blocked from using Card Instrument

I recently (one month ago) updated credit card information on my account page and updated my auto bill pay. My account says a bill was paid a couple weeks ago, but I am now receiving a notice that I have not paid and my service was shut off. I logged in again to my account to verify that auto-pay was working, but it appeared to be gone along with my credit card information. I re-enterd my credit card info to get the bill figured out, but alas I receive an error message:

"Customer has been blocked from using Card Instrument" 

Oh lovely. I went to our local Xfinity store and they confirmed that a block was placed on my account because of fraud concerns on the card. I said "okay, here is another card". This was also blocked so the representative confirmed that this was some sort of internal block on my account and she could not help me. She recommended I call in and ask for a supervisor. I stared blankly for a moment, looked around and asked I could do that in the store. "No, we do not have supervisors here". Well, I asked politely and explained that I don't even know what to ask the supervisor when I get in contact with them. I don't have a credit problem, a card problem or any other issue. I am simply trying to give them my money. The rep was kind enough to look into this further and said she would follow-up, but no resolution. The temporary fix for now is that she unblocked my service, but now I am a payment behind and receiving warning e-mails.

Anyone else have this problem? 

Service Expert

Re: Customer has been blocked from using Card Instrument

I've escalated this to a Comcast Employee available to the forums who can research this and help you.  They will get in touch with you via this thread.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi sadITguy, I am no longer seeing a restriction are you still experiencing issues adding your credit card?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
New Poster

Sad ITGuy,

This is part of my billing problem.  Had the same situation.  No resolution as the Customer Service person couldn't actually assit me and kept telling me that it was me or my bank that had an issue.  Also, the auto pay feature has a required feature that you would recieve an email if an auto payment didn't process for any reason.  I didn't receive one at all with also couldn't be explained to me.

Hope there is a forthcoming solution as it seems to be an internal issue for sure.

Regards.

New Poster

Comcast Phil please help me! I am going through the same exact issue!
New Poster

Hello I'm having an issue with using my bank account and they won't take the block off
Official Employee

Hi Lkmlee7110. I'd like to review your account to see what may be causing this. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I can't find the link to Private message u
New Poster

I have been blocked from paying by check because of 4 returned checks. I tried to explain that the reason for this is because I was going through a divorce and my ex-husband was still using my account to pay his bill. I would like the block to be removed so I can set up automatic payments. Thanks
Official Employee

Hi Vinson01,

I can help review your billing concerns. Customers with three or more check, credit card and/or Electronic Fund Transfers (EFT) reversed payments in a 3 month period must make their account current by paying with cash or money order, only. The account will be restricted in the billing system for 180 days and the restriction will automatically lift after 180 days.

If you have additional concerns, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services. 

To send a private message, click on my name "ComcastChe" then click private message me. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.