members

online now

discussions

Customer Retention/ Loyalty Price Adjustments

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 21

Could someone from the customer retention department contact me to discuss my options.  I have been a loyal customer for six years, your service prices have sky rocketed, and I get absolutely nowhere when I contact the 1-800 number on my bill.  I'm told there is no such thing as customer retention, and no helping a customer out with a better deal to keep us.

I am paying over $220 a month  for a package I was paying 89.99 a month for originally.  When I called they told me there is no customer retention and every person  I spoke to was only interested in sales pitches that did nothing to save me money. 

When we tried altering our package we were told that our internet was remaining the same, they were downgrading the tv, and removing the phone, however when the tech arrived to upgrade to x1 which we were told was necessary for the change he stated that our internet was being cut in half... we never agreed to that. So the tech left and we are still where we started and I am out a day of work now too.  I am seriously upset.

I would rather keep your services, than find some other services for internet, tv, and phone....

Six years is nothing to shake a stick at, especially considering the competive market and competiters vying for customers.

You have excellent packages for new customers, but you won't do anything to keep loyal customers?

20 REPLIES
Posted by
Admin1

Message 2 of 21

Hi saxidani -- I received your private message and can help with this. Since we'll be talking rates, I'll be corresponding with you there. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 21

Good evening,

I too have been a loyal Comcast customer, but for me it is over 20 years.  My financial situation has drastically changed and I called in to see what I can do to get my bill reduced.  I pay $198 per month, with no movie channels!  I have 1 DVR box and 2 smaller boxes, landline phone and internet.  When I called I informed the representative that I no longer need the landline.  I also informed her of offers friends of mine have received as new customers.  I was told that these offers, which are half of what I pay and include HBO/Showtime, etc., are only for new customers.  I don't understand the logic behind that comment... you will offer a new customer; one you have no idea will remain a customer; a better price/package than you will a customer who has been loyal for over 20 years.  I was transferred to a higher level representative.  She offered me a $30 a month discount with everything I still have.  I repeated that I no longer need the landline.  I was told that that if she were to remove the landline the price would increase... again, this makes no sense to me.  I ended the call with no satisfaction only to find,online, a package that includes only 2 services (internet and TV) for less than what she offered me.  I was never offered new equipment; discount on DVR, etc. or anything else to try and help retain me as a loyal customer. 

I would like to remain a Comcast customer and you advertise the importance of satisfying your customer.  I am in a customer service industry myself, with a very large international company.  I know what customer satisfaction can provide.  I do not feel that anyone I have talked to is able to do anything to help a 20 year loyal customer.  I am hoping I can be contacted by someone who will be able to help us both come to a mutually agreeable resolution.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 21

they couldnt help me, i have also been a long time customer and my bill has nearly doubled all while downgrading at the same time. i was advised to call customer retentions, i wouldve saved 10$ but i would have to down grade AGAIN. no surprise. idk but am giving serious considerations to my options once my 3 yr obligation is up. Its just not worth it.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 5 of 21

Hello 1308,

I apologize for any inconvience you have had with your billing concerns.

will be sending you a private message to further assist you. You can click on my name ComcastDawn and click on "Private Message Me”. 

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums. 

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 6 of 21

Hello sparkiblue,

I apologize for any inconvenience your billing issues have caused you. At this time you have the best available promotion in your area. If you have any other questions or concerns please reply back. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 7 of 21

Unfortunately for me, 2 years ago I moved and my only option is Comcast for internet.  We do have Directv as a cable option and can look into other options for my landline I am required to have for work.  I am seriously considering these options.  My bill is now over $300 per month.  The few times I've garnered the energy and patience to call customer service, they tell me I won't save much because of the internet speed they say I need.  I work from home but not sure how much of an impact that has on the speed I need.  For thr price I am paying, I am highly disappointed in the services.  In two years i've had to replace my modem twice and more recently a cable box.  The modem reboots randomly and frequently which is a huge issue when trying to conduct meetings online and I lose internet and phone in the middle of a call.  I've received more error codes than I can count on my canle boxes.  I don't even want to go into the headaches of dealing with customer service and tech support.  So my two year experience with comcast has been nothing but increasing bills and headaches.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 8 of 21

Hello GC670,

I am sorry for the billing issues you have been experiencing. At this time you have the best available price for the package you subscribe to. If you would like to look into other options, including downgrading your services, please reply back. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 9 of 21

I have been a customer since 1990 and frustrated as well. This is ridiculous waste of time trying to reach Customer Retention/ Loyalty Program. 

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 10 of 21

I've already tried talking to Customer Service about downgrading and I'm told I can only save  about $30/month which makes no sense to me.  And forget trying to find prices mow that I'm a customer......I get stuck in some ridiculous web page loop.

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 11 of 21

GC670,

I will be sending you a private message to further assist you. You can click on my name ComcastDawn and click on "Private Message Me”. 

At the top of each Forum page you will see a small envelope 

This is the icon for Private Messages, referred to as ‘PM’s’. A Private Message is a way to communicate in private, to another User, Moderator, or Administrator out of public view in the Forums. 

The gray envelope icon will have a number next to it if you have any new messages waiting. 

To open a PM to read it, double click on the envelope. If you click on the white envelope a window will open with tabs for your Private Message Inbox, Sent Messages, Friends, Ignored Users, and Compose new Message. You can also access this area by clicking on the Username in a Thread or post. By default, Private Messages are enabled. You can disable this feature in My Settings>Preferences> Private Messenger. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 12 of 21

GC670,

I have question, are you wanting to stay with the Triple Play or are you possibly looking into downgrading to a Double Play? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 13 of 21

Hi ComcastDawn, I would like HD television, internet but do not necessarily need the phone. Let me know what price per month I can get, what package since tomorrow on the 16th is my payment and I may be cancelling my account at that time - sorry but this has been a big hassle of my time and alot of money paid out over the years that I cannot afford to keep paying. 

Thanks, Kathy

Posted by
New Poster

Message 14 of 21

We've been 'loyal' customers for 30 something years and I can promise you Comcast does not care one iota about loyalty. It's all about getting new customers to sign up with them, offering great deals, bonuses and discounts, that, by the way, they don't offer to the 'loyal' customers. I think I hate Comcast! 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 15 of 21

I stumbled across this post and noticed how the theme is common across many posts. I have same problems with comcast. Comcast just doesn't care about existing customers and deliberately makes it difficult for existing customers.

Can anyone at Comcast explain exactly why we customers have to go through this painful process every year?

This is the thread I have going on: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Billing/Loyalty-Retention-department/m-p/2858973

You will notice how familiar these problems sound across customers. And looks like this has been happening since their foundation day.

Oh wait Comcast has "the worst company" award more than once.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 16 of 21

Hi,

I have also been a loyal Comcast customer for amost 20 years.  I like your service, but in the last 18 months my bill has increased over $100 a month.

Can you take a look at my account?  I would love to hear what you have to offer. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 17 of 21

Hello Steph19,

I can help look into some promotions for you. I will be sending you a private message with an offer, as we will be discussing private, account-specific information. To view your private messages, please click the envelope in the top right of this page, with the red number next to it.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 18 of 21

I've been a customer for about 40 years ever since your name was media one.  While your service quality has finally reached a very high mark, I find your prices excessive.  I am now up to $190 + / month for one X1 DVR,  one remote receiver and 2 other basic tv adapters. I own my own modem and do not have or want phone or X1 home security service.

This is listed as "Preferred XF Double Play"

My internet speed tier is "Blast!" and I have the "preferred" tv channel package with nothing special except "HBO" and "Encore".

I am being charged for HD service technology fees, anyroom dvr fees, additional outlet fees, broadcast tv fees, regional sports fees, franchise fees, and misc state federal and local taxes.

I cannot think of anything extra comcast could think of, but given time I would not be surprised by anything.

The comcast reps that I talked to in "Retention" could not come up with anything other than offer me a 3 choice "package" ( with phone ) with 2 year contract. This "reduction" actually cost more by the time all "extras" are added back in.

Unless something changes in the very near future, I will continue my plans to cut the tv out all together.

No disrespect, but take away all the Latin channels and shopping channels and sports package channel allocations, and all the other nit pickin charges, and package price could be decreased and hopefully a compromise reached.

Now retired and on a fixed income, I cannot justify the current expenses for TV.

I feel Internet pricing is barely acceptable, but TV can be reduced greatly.

If there is a Comcast representative listening, I would really like for you to check and see if you can put back in place the previous promotion credits that I had.

I do not want to leave, but if something doesn't change soon, I will have no other options. Just wanting great discounts like new customers; I feel like loyal long term customers deserve discounts too.  

Well I am returning to this post after several weeks to see if there has been a response to it with the possibility of a solution. Just like I have been explaining, There is nothing happening on the comcast end to help satisy my disatisfaction with the unwillingness to return promo discounts to my long standing account. Its just a shame they have to gouge on every little nit picking thing they can and give the discounts to new customers and not long term established ones.

You know there is a new kid on the block that is going to appear. It is YouTube Video.  They are already advertising rates at $35 / month for 5 DVR HD receivers w/ programming. It has yet to roll out here but will probably hit Atlanta metro first. And ATT Fiber is already chomping away slowly but surely.

Comcast, you may be the only kid on the block in many areas but you are eventually going to lose out and people are going to remember!

Mr Comcast Representative, Please tell the commitee members thanks for not considering the feelings of their loyal long term customers and stop trying to dazzle them with package offers that make no sense at all and are actually more expensive than what they already have.

If you can get my package back down to about $140, I can live with that. That is certainly fair for both sides.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 19 of 21

I recently received a bump up in the bill after the two-year contract expired.   Are there modifications that can be made to my service to keep the bill about the same?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 20 of 21
Posted by
Admin1

Message 21 of 21

Hi Leshoro -- I can help you get a new price point. I'll have some options for you. I have sent you quotes via PM.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.