Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Credit Management and Comcast

New Poster

Credit Management and Comcast

My Xfinity/Comcast account is in my name and is fully "auto-paid" every month. In the mail, my wife gets a demand for payment from Credit Management on behalf of Comcast. According to the Credit Management rep (who has very poor english skills) this is an account that was set up by Comcast for someone using my wife's name. Has anyone else had a problem like this with Comcast? If so, what do I do? get a lawyer?

Admin1

Re: Credit Management and Comcast

Hi tcourtien -- We can help with your wife's identity fraud situation. Please follow this link for instructions on how identify is handled: https://www.xfinity.com/IDTheftclaimform. We take identity theft very seriously and will help your wife get this cleared. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Credit Management and Comcast

We have been busy working with the Putnam County Sheriff's Office and a legal adviser. We will be using the process sent to us by Comcast. While an identity was stolen, as a customer in good standing on our regular account, we do not hold Comcast blameless in this situation

With no previous notices to our long time address, Comcast has now hired some rather unprofessional collection agencies to ruin our stellar credit report. 

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation