Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Contract Without Content?

Frequent Visitor

Contract Without Content?

I called a support rep the other day to fix a billing error on my plan and he told me he would revert my service to my original rate, speed and plan that I was promised for a year with no contract/cancellation fee.

Here are my issues:

- My speed is still drastically lower than promised for a year on May 27th, 2017 (25mbps vs 75mbps)

- I don't see a re-imbursement for my overcharged bill last month when I login

- the support rep I most recently contacted put me into a contract starting August 1st instead've May 27th without my consent that has a cancellation fee of $150? Please listen to your audio recordings because your rep clearly outlined there being no cancellation fee and my speed being increased to 75mbps as it was.

Some background: I signed up for 1 year of 75mbps Blast Internet/Basic Cable on May 27th 2017 for about $60 total after taxes (PLEASE take my word and look at my first bill) and every rep I call (about 6 calls and one stop in person) all told me that I changed my services on August 1st when that NEVER happened.

Please help - the time I've spent calling your reps AND in person is absolutely ridiculous! I have plenty of proof for what I signed up for with past bills, operator ID's, actual emails from comcast, etc. Everyone just says I'll submit a ticket and nothing ever happens. I'm not going to pay extra for illegitimate charges... and will go to court if I have to.

Official Employee

Re: Contracting without consent? Issue not resolved after 6 calls and in-person visits to Comcast

Hello bryangottschalk. I can assist in reviewing your account and billing records to help correct your account. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Re: Contracting without consent? Issue not resolved after 6 calls and in-person visits to Comcast

Will do.

Frequent Visitor

I have sent you my account info in a private message.

Service Expert

Closing this duplicate thread

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation