Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

#ComcastChaos

Regular Visitor

#ComcastChaos

Has anyone else spent over 15 hours to set up their cable without a resolution?  This has got to be the worst customer support experience I have ever encountered.  We should all hope to cut the cord as soon as possible.  Businesses that reach monopoly status grow fat and bloated and can't address the needs of the customers.  It is apparent that smaller, more innovative, companies are what we need in this market.

So far:

1. Installation appointment = no-show

2. Two promised call backs (they are 0-2 here).  

3. Departments can't email each other leaving me to have to find ways to get in touch with reps in different groups

4. 15 Hours of logged time with customer service.  Each department I speak to gives me a different story.  Merry-Go-Round of departments and reps.

5. My time was worth a $10 inconvenience credit.  That translates to a $1.50/hr rate.  That is what they think my time is worth.  Insulting! 

6. Will not provide deal I was promised back in August when I signed up, even with an email confirmation showing me what I signed up for.

7. Rep promised me Cinemax for free because she felt bad and because I asked for something for all this work.  Didn't make note of that in the computer and current reps don't believe me.

If I can't get this resolved in the next week, I plan to look into legal action and see where I can spread the word regarding my experience on social media.  If anyone knows of any groups with wide audiences, please let me know so I can use their platform to share this.  I have never been motivated to share my experience before but an experience such as this must be made known.

#ComcastChaos

New Poster

Re: #ComcastChaos

I find it 100% unacceptable that noone at Comcast has been able to connect all of these dots and provide you with the service you originally requested. 

Official Employee
Moved:

New Poster

I've been in the same boat with Comcast before.  Their business model emphasizes growth above anything else, while letting the quality of service to existing customers go by the wayside.  You can get a taste just by calling customer service:  New service requests are met with little to no wait time, while any existing customers are left to hang out for 30-45 minutes to have their problem heard.  And good luck if you ever want to discontinue a service.  I hope you find resolution to your problems.  Keep us posted.

Regular Visitor

I have decided to put in a complaint with the Better Business Bureau to start.  I figured that would be the easiest starting point for me since other methods will require a little more time and effort.  If that does not work, I will look to see if I can get through to them using social media.  Again, if anyone has a consumer complaint site or any ideas on how to formulate an appropriate response through social media, I am all ears.  As a last resort, I will look to take them to small claims court or consult an attorney.

It's crazy that it has come to this.  All they had to do is call me back and simply give me what I initially signed up for online.  Why is that so hard for a company with 150,000 employees to call someone back?  In the end, I think the community needs to organize to find ways to cut the cord and leave Comcast.  Their message is loud and clear...they don't want or appreciate our business. Godspeed everyone!

(jumping off soapbox now)

Capture.PNG
Admin1

Hi cswinim1 -- I can help with your account issues. I was able to locate your BBB complaint. This has been assigned to a case handler. Your case handler has been trying to get in contact with you since last week however they have not heard back from you. Please let me know if you need their contact information and I will provide that to you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation