Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast termination fee/ not service area bc of a permit????

New Poster

Comcast termination fee/ not service area bc of a permit????

We requested to transfer service to our new location after 1 1/2 yrs with Comcast/Xfinity. They sent a technician to see if they can/would service our new home they said they don't have an answer as to when they will & that they need permits unknown when they will aquire them.
So I am forced to cancel service and now I'm told $140.00 termination fee will be billed to me. I have called talk to multiple people the customer loyalty department told me that I would NOT have to pay this since it is no fault if my own that they don't service the subdivision however first few houses off of main Rd are services I'm like 16 houses in from the main road. I have asked everyone I gave a called to please waive this fee David from executive customer relations said I could have the new tennet moving into my old apartment take over the contract ???? Um I've moved and that person whom ever it is would be a complete stranger what??? NO it's not good business practice to charge me for whom ever is responsible for obtaining permits is a slacker at their job😡😠
My husband got a promotion and we had to relocate there's NO HELP! No permit t = forced to cancel service and somehow you make it my fault and give a lame idea of going 3 hrs one way to knock at a stranger's door tell them I NEED THEM to take over MY contract for YOUR COMPANY when YOU DO NOT have a permit to service our entire subdivision in NASHVILLE TN ???? Cone on gimme a break! Very upset and angry.

Tags (1)
Cable Expert

Re: Comcast termination fee/ not service area bc of a permit????

I'm not sure of the exact details, but there is a grace period if you have a delay in getting service at your new place. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Comcast termination fee/ not service area bc of a permit????

Hello CBou, I can address you concerns for you regarding your ETF. We will honor waiving any ETF if you remain a customer with Comcast. There are cases like yours where a customer can't restart services right away and we later on waive the early termination fee for them. If you move to an area that is not serviced by Comcast and will not be in the future then the ETF would be valid and we would not be able to credit the fee. If you'd like I can track this for you and request for the fee to be credited once you restart services. Please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" if you would like a follow up. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation