Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Comcast errors without solutions

New Poster

Comcast errors without solutions

I wanted to transfer my account to a new address a few miles away. My bill was roughly $100/mo. I was told to cancel and get a new account to save money. Same services for new account are roughly $180/mo. I was told my information (email,etc) would transfer over. Lost all email and passwords. After many calls to Comcast, Someone in Chicago found all my files and manually transferred them over and gave me my email address back. So effective date for internet working was 11/7/2017. I picked up the cable boxes on 10/6 also. Wrong boxes. Returned to get correct ones a week later. I hooked up cable box’s after I settled in around 11/15/17. Cable box in bedroom would not work. Returned to Xfinity store and got new box per phone troubleshooting. Received first bill in mail. Box still not working. Another trip #4 to the cfinity store. Still no good. Comcast said they would send someone out to look at it. Now received past due notice. Spoke to billing and they noted account to credit me for not having internet for a month and still not having cable tv. Tech came out and signal was +12 in meter room and -9 at apartment. He said he has no idea why internet would be working. Comcast schedule sub contractor to pull new wire. Sub contractor shows up and wires are thru multiple units. He will inform Comcast to notify other residents for access. Also says “here, I can get you some channels until then. Upper Chanel’s will be fuzzy. Runs wire across bedroom, removed HDMI box and hooks coax up to TV. Some success! A few channels. Comcast cuts off internet and cable TV for non payment. I call and they give me ER 044610502 as a ticket #. Say Roberto is the one to issue credits and will call within 48 hours. Also add hat they are not busy and he will probably call within 2hours. They turn services back on. No call from Roberto. I call back. 45 mins thru billing each call because Comcast does not allow contact with any other department when there is a past due balance. I am transferred to Roberto’s Office and told to push # # 3 to miss all the wait time. I do so. It announces I am being disconnected. I was. How do I talk to someone to correct this situation, get my cable working and my services back on?
Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation