Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Comcast Xfinity-Billing Issues, services added without consent!!!!

New Poster

Comcast Xfinity-Billing Issues, services added without consent!!!!

First of all I would like to add that I have used Comcast in years past many a time as well as most of my family and friends. The service and customer service is not what it used to be. NOT EVEN CLOSE. I signed up for service in March withg an offer over the phone by an agent of $19.99. Never did they mention any caveat to keep that rate. First, I never got the spoeed I was quoted. Then after the 3rd bill I saw an increase. When I called I was told that was because I was not enrolled in paperless billing. I explained thgat I was never told that, and wasforced to take it to continue the rate of 19.99. I don't like email billing because sometimes it can go to your junk mail, not to mention I don't live and die checking pewrsonal emails. In any event they credited the $5 increase. From their, everything went downhill. I was out of town and when I got back, I learned that I was being billed way more than the $19.99, in addition I complained about the slow internet, they offered me an increase in speed for only $10 a month and I decided to do it, because at 19.99 I was not getting the speed advertised. When I got the next bill, it was nothing like what I was supposed to be billed. WHen I called an agent, she started to look into it. She admitted something was really wrong with my bill and had no answer. I asked her what do I do in the meantime, because I did not want to be left without service. She advised to not may anything for the time being while she escalated this to billing and that after the research was done I could expect a call back with a resolution. Days, weeks passed. To make matters worse, living in Miami FL this coincided with preparation for 2 hurricanes in the same month. I forgot that I never heard back from anyone, then during the hurricane that hit South Florida, where we had no power for 1 week, when power came back I found I had no internet. WHen I called to find out what happened I was told it was for lack pf payment. When I mentioned abouit the billing research that never took place, there was nothing to say regarding the matter. I was without power at my business and needed internet at home to start getting back to normal with my backed up work. I was forced to pay an astronomical amount of 174.99 or not have internet whatsoever. Comcast took advantage of my misfortune with the hurricane to force me intro making the payment that I did not agree was correct. Shortly after the hurricane I had to move and disconnected service.

Then I signed up for service with Comcast business at my company location, thinking everything would get resolved on the personal side.

Fast forward to today, I received a new final bill of $85. When you add up what I have paid already, and that amount it comes out to roughly $320. I had service for 7 months at 19.99 for 3 months and 29.99 for 4 months that should be no more than roughly $179. When I call yesterday I was told that my bill was always correct, in fact I was told I was getting billed 29.99 for the 1st 3 months and 39.99 for the next 4 months because there was change in service- cable tv and streaming were added. I asked who had requested and authorized that change, no answer. Mind you I have directv for the past 2 years and certainly have no need and did not request the change.

I called the corporate office. A person by the name Andrew answered the phone and was very understanding of my situation. He advised someone from the local regional executive team would call me within the day to resolve the issue. He added that if I did not get a call back or the call did not come with a resolution to call his department back, as they had more authority to resolve issues.  The call absoutley came within 3 hours. However, there was no resolution. All she said was that she had reviewed my statements and I was billed correctly. When I mentioned the entire circus of events including the added service not requested, her answer was nothing. Bill is correct. Not to mention a very nasty attitude.

When I took up Andrew and called corporate again, I could not get him on the phone, another person by tha name of Brett answered. I briefly explained, he interrupted me to let me know someone had already made a decision and they spoke to me there was nothing more he or anyone in his department could do. In fact, he mentioned the regional representative had more authority than those in corporate executive team. When I tried to reach Andrew he said he was on a call and that he would leave him a message. Never heard back from Andrew. Called again, they would not put him on the phone.

I went to twitter next, speaking to @customercares when I posted a public tweet complaining about my situation. They asked me to DM. I did and I got back this beauty:

"I can see that she offered to give you a $17 credit for you time without internet, and offered to send previous billing statements. Just as the previous representative noted your bundle was changed on 06/25/17. I can verify this by looking over your account as well. You have 60 days to dispute a change in order for us to correct any changes made to the account. Those 60 days have since passed which means I will not be able to make any changes. Do you have any past billing statements available? If so you will be able to see that you have been paying for TV services since June. This would mean the current remaining charges on your account are valid. -CF"

I am making one last attempt through this forum. If I don't get anywhere here, I guess my last resort is to contact the FCC to file a complaint. This is an absolute travesty what Comcast is doing with their customers. In a day and age where thousands of people are disconnecting from cable providers, because you use them for internet they are forcing bcable tv down our throats. Making a sham of their billing and services offered.

My net result

7 months of service with comcast

1st offer of 19.99 came with a condition not explained

The speed was never close to the advertised speed

I started to get billed more money than I was quoted

I was told my billing would be corrected to hold off on paying my bill for the time being

Cable tv was added to my account without my consent

At the end- No resolution.

Official Employee

Re: Comcast Xfinity-Billing Issues, services added without consent!!!!

Hello eddie3223,

I truyl apologize for the recent experience with customer service. I would like to review your account in detail to see what I can do for you. To do this I need you to verify I am looking at the correct account. Would you please send me a private message including your account name, phone number, and service address so we can begin?

Thank You

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation