Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Comcast - Raising rates w/o Notice or Reason

Regular Visitor

Comcast - Raising rates w/o Notice or Reason

I am so frustrated with Comcast! I just got off the phone with a customer service representative by the name of Katrina who wouldnt even give me her last name or employee number. My cable bill has always been $135 and I only have one tv and the basic level of internet and the cable option that gives you channels like E, bravo and mtv. (I guess those are considered "extras" now days smh!) But this month my SAME exact cable and internet for a small 1 bedroom apartement went up to $158?!?! When I talke to Katrina she told me my promotion ended and my only option was to downgrade or cancel if I didnt want to pay $157. Last I checked comcast offers WAY lower prices for the bundles that include way more than what I have and I asked her about it and she just told me they didn't. I can see the lower prices online and I also have many friends who pay less than me for an etire house with several tvs. I asked to speak to a supervisor and at first she said the supervisor isnt going to say anything different than what she said and that no one else was going to lower my price. I asked again to speak to her supervisor and then she said her supervisor was not in for the day yet and she had to put in a call back request, which I believe is a lie. So basically Comcast likes to do the bait and switch with its customers. Lure them in with an ok price and then jack it up with no notice or reason after a year. I am a very dissatified customer!!!!!

New Poster

Re: Comcast - Raising rates w/o Notice or Reason

Me too. Had the same exact experience. 

Very dissatisfied!!!

New Poster

I spoke with a rep, and then a supervisor and then that persons supervisor. And still go the same answer. Downgrade AND pay more at the same time!

Regular Visitor

Wow.. I think I am going to just cancel at this point. I have never been treated this terribly by a cable provider. Nor have the other 2 cable companies I've been a customer of (time warner and brighthouse) raised the prices after one year. 

Official Employee

Hi dallinmcdowell, thank you for reaching out here on forums.  Prices online are usually new customer pricing, but if you would like I could go over current promotions I have available for you.  To get started, please send me a private message with your account information (name on account, address and account number).

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee

Hi smoldovanskiy,  I am showing ComcastJoeTru has reached to you on your post.

Thank you

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Hi dallinmcdowell, thank you for working with me via private message, if you want to continue reviewing promotions or have any questions in the future please let us know.

Thank you

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation