Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Comcast Data Metering Concerns

New Poster

Comcast Data Metering Concerns

There is something seriously wrong with Comcast data metering. I've heard a lot of people complain about this, and I've watched my own network with very strange anomalies.  When I talk to CSRs at Comcast, they ask me the same lame set of questions that must be intended just to exhaust me and make me give up.  

We've had cases where we've gone on vacation and I've pulled the plug on our Internet, only to have Comcast log data utilization in our home.  Ummm... that is entirely impossible folks.  And, strangely, at the end of each month we have this pattern of escalating (sometimes leaps of) data utilization (according to Comcast)-- yet nothing has changed in our home.  

They pass me from one department to another-- and they open these so-called cases which I think is just a way to try to appease me-- make me thing they're taking it seriously. 

One might conclude that these data anomalies are 'by design'... engineered?  Possibly a way to capture additional revenue by dinging people at the end of the month?  I mean, who would ever know?  And if they were actually caught doing this, they'd simply get their hands slapped and pay a fine.  Big deal right?  

We've seen this type of thing in business before.  I don't have absolute proof-- just an observation-- but that's the beauty of it right?  I mean, who would ever know?  

Facebooks does nafarious stuff with our data... so does Google... so why wouldn't Comcast want to engineer a nice revenue generator like this?

BTW I've called about this issue several times.  My choices are-- bail on Comcast and go to an alternative provider, pay their overpriced fee for unlimited data (then they've won)... or do the right thing (continue to document, talk to people, and take measures to get some transparency here).

Customer satisfaction for this big company is at an all-time low.  I would guess there are more detractors than promoters for Comcast, which is just sad. 

Hopefully we can find a happy ending here and get Comcast to do the right thing.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation