discussions

Charged for modem we own

SOLVED
Highlighted
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

Back in January 2014, we bought a new router and while installing it, I found out our modem had recently been declared EOL. We went to a local Comcast Service Center and, unfortunately, were handed one of those awful Wireless Gateways which turned out to be incompatible with the new router (even with help from the highest-level customer support hotline...), so we exchanged it for a modem at a diffferent Comcast Service Center. That modem, however, was also declared EOL less than a year later. Instead of having to go through all of this again, we decided to buy a modem this time. That new modem was installed without a problem in early January 2015, the old one returned to a Comcast Service Center on 01/14/15 (I have the receipt right here, if needed), so everything should have been fine, right? Well, of course it wasn't - like so many other people posting here, Comcast started charging us for our own modem! I'm hoping someone here can take a look at our account and fix that... Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Posted by
Admin1

Message 3 of 3
Solution

HE-CC -- Thank you for verifying your account with ComcastShane. I have reviewed your account and confirmed you are correct about your modem. Your new customer owned modem was registered in January 2015 however your account was not updated to reflect this. I have removed all rental charges dating back to Jan 2015 and updated your account to reflect that you own your modem. You'll see these adjustments on your next billing statement and will not see anymore rental charges going forward. 

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
2 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 3

Hi HE-CC, I would like to look into this for you from here. Can you verify your account number, full name, and service address for me? You can private message me by clicking on my name and clicking private message. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Admin1

Message 3 of 3
Solution

HE-CC -- Thank you for verifying your account with ComcastShane. I have reviewed your account and confirmed you are correct about your modem. Your new customer owned modem was registered in January 2015 however your account was not updated to reflect this. I have removed all rental charges dating back to Jan 2015 and updated your account to reflect that you own your modem. You'll see these adjustments on your next billing statement and will not see anymore rental charges going forward. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.