members

online now

discussions

Charged for a service call

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

Ever since my last "account upgrade" which included new equipment, my internet has been intermittent.  It drops about 20 times a day, I have logs.  I contacted Xfiniity and after troubleshooting over chat and phone, was told a tech needed to visit.  I specifically asked about charges and was told there would be none.  The tech came out, re-terminated a few lines, told me my breakout box needed to be replaced as well as the stuff inside it which he did, and left.  The problem continues and includes degraded TV signal on every box in the house when the internet goes out and I have a $70 service call fee on my bill.  I was lied to about the fee, my problem was not fixed, and now I have another service call today to try to fix it.  I am extreamly unhappy with my situation and feel I should open a BBB complaint to try to prevent this from happening in the future.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Hi Manxcat, I can address your service fee issue here. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcatsAmir) and then "private message me"?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon