Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Charged a service call charge for service problem

New Poster

Charged a service call charge for service problem

I don't understand why I'm getting a service charge when I had a problem with the speed of the internet by Comcast. If there is a problem with the service, which one pays for, isn't the company's obligation to provide the service and/or fix the problem? I am paying for a service that was not working right, why am I being charged $60 for this? I could not speak w customer service due to office being closed. Will call tomw? Hoping Comcast customer service reads this because this is completely unfair, and warrants why people have mixed emotions about cable. I was a cord cutter for 3 yrs, and decided to give it a chance again due to the hikes in internet charges. I hope others can advise on similar situation.
Expert

Re: Charged a service call charge for service problem

If the issue was related to equipment you lease or Comcast equipment outside your home, then there would not be a fee. If the issue was related to customer-owned equipment or wiring in your home, then there would be a fee.

Official Employee

Re: Charged a service call charge for service problem

Hello @cardenasfamily4. I can help review the technician visit fee you were billed for. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.