Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Charged a $60 service charge for a problem with the service line from the pole.

New Poster

Charged a $60 service charge for a problem with the service line from the pole.

I had a problem with my cable and internet service going down, I called customer service and they sent a service person 2 days later who determined that the signal from the service line was very weak.   She switched my service line to an old line that was already attached to my building but not in use and the service worked after that.  Without any notice to me I was charged a $60 service fee for the service call.  When I called to ask about it the customer service rep just kept repeating that the charge was valid.  I asked to speak to a supervisor (Oliver 106149) and he also repeated over and over that it was valid.   I asked him who is responsible for the serivice line that comes from the utility pole to my house and he stated that Comcast was but that I have to pay to fix it because it only serves my house.  WHAT?  What kind of logic is that?  Why should I pay for maintain the service equipment that delivers your product to my house?  Why should I be forced to get upset and actually seek out this discussion forum and type out a complaint?  If I wasn't under contract I would just switch to one of the other two cable companies in my area.  

Official Employee

Re: Charged a $60 service charge for a problem with the service line from the pole.

Hello,

I would like to look into this for you from here. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your full name, street address including city, state, and zip code (and apartment number if one is associated), and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation