Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Charged DOUBLE

New Poster

Charged DOUBLE

Where can I write a compaint!? And a review!??
We purchased a home out of town and unfortunately comcast does not service that area.I called first though to find out if we could judt transfer the service and the guy told me he would have to check and i would get a call back. 3 days later no call back so i called again. I was told that there was no service out there. Ok that stinks but nothing i can do. So i got transfered to the loalty department. The guy was very nice and helpful. He said there was a termination fee. What!? Yes because I was under "contract" (eye roll) He goes however it will only be 40$ and i'd end up with a credit. (I always over pay bill) 40$ is better than what I was anticipating. It's been just over a month now and I haven't gotten a final statement. So I logged in, took me a bit to navigate finding the last bill, but was able to locate it. It shows an 80$ !! Termination fee!!! WHAT!??!?!! So i call customer service, get a gal whos english is very hard to understand. I say HI (insert her name)  my name is (insert my name), I tell her the situation and then she goes ok so can i please get your name. So I again tell her my name. Go back through the whole situation AGAIN and she says she needs to put me on hold and will get back to me in a while......? I hear typing and what not, & then she says sorry to say no since you were under contract and it had 8 months left you have an 80$ termination fee. 10$ for every month left on the contract. I again explain that the gentleman in the loalty dept said it was only 40$ because I have had comcast for YEARS! She went on about how that doesn't matter and I asked to be transfered back to the loalty dept & she wouldn't. I told her I was done speaking with her and she needed to give me someone different. She wouldn't! I finally said that she was not able to help me and was not understanding what i was wanting and she needed to give me someone different & I did not need any other explainations or anything of the sort. I wanted someone above her. She said she would get her supervisor but there was a wait, ok fine! She said I will put you on hold and be back in a while. What's a while? Shouldn't it be I'll be back in a moment? Any who it was silent for some time. I was about to hang up and then music finally started playing. after about 5 minutes or so another gal came on the line saying she was the supervisor who i then explained everything to all over again. After walking in circles she said I still would owe 15 and change. I said what!? Online currently shows i have a credit of 5 and change. She said it wasn't correct I would have bill. AGAIN I went over what the guy said and about having comcast for so long blah blah blah she said well I guess i can just take off what you would owe. Really? So I get told on thing, and get charged double and all you can do is take off 15$?
She said there were no notes from the guy I talked to. I really doubt that, I spent a lot of time on the phone with that guy because we chatted about other things while he was taking care of my account. He stated he noted everything. Sooooo he lied? Or did someone screw up and no one want to fix it? Is anyone capable of actually fixing things?
Super annoyed at the amount I paid each month for service and I would OVER pay every month to then get this. Customer care and service with all companies has gone out the window.

Expert

Re: Charged DOUBLE

@kmartin_85 wrote:

Where can I write a compaint!? And a review!??
We purchased a home out of town and unfortunately comcast does not service that area.I called first though to find out if we could judt transfer the service and the guy told me he would have to check and i would get a call back. 3 days later no call back so i called again. I was told that there was no service out there. Ok that stinks but nothing i can do. So i got transfered to the loalty department. The guy was very nice and helpful. He said there was a termination fee. What!? Yes because I was under "contract" (eye roll) He goes however it will only be 40$ and i'd end up with a credit. (I always over pay bill) 40$ is better than what I was anticipating. It's been just over a month now and I haven't gotten a final statement. So I logged in, took me a bit to navigate finding the last bill, but was able to locate it. It shows an 80$ !! Termination fee!!! WHAT!??!?!! So i call customer service, get a gal whos english is very hard to understand. I say HI (insert her name)  my name is (insert my name), I tell her the situation and then she goes ok so can i please get your name. So I again tell her my name. Go back through the whole situation AGAIN and she says she needs to put me on hold and will get back to me in a while......? I hear typing and what not, & then she says sorry to say no since you were under contract and it had 8 months left you have an 80$ termination fee. 10$ for every month left on the contract. I again explain that the gentleman in the loalty dept said it was only 40$ because I have had comcast for YEARS! She went on about how that doesn't matter and I asked to be transfered back to the loalty dept & she wouldn't. I told her I was done speaking with her and she needed to give me someone different. She wouldn't! I finally said that she was not able to help me and was not understanding what i was wanting and she needed to give me someone different & I did not need any other explainations or anything of the sort. I wanted someone above her. She said she would get her supervisor but there was a wait, ok fine! She said I will put you on hold and be back in a while. What's a while? Shouldn't it be I'll be back in a moment? Any who it was silent for some time. I was about to hang up and then music finally started playing. after about 5 minutes or so another gal came on the line saying she was the supervisor who i then explained everything to all over again. After walking in circles she said I still would owe 15 and change. I said what!? Online currently shows i have a credit of 5 and change. She said it wasn't correct I would have bill. AGAIN I went over what the guy said and about having comcast for so long blah blah blah she said well I guess i can just take off what you would owe. Really? So I get told on thing, and get charged double and all you can do is take off 15$?
She said there were no notes from the guy I talked to. I really doubt that, I spent a lot of time on the phone with that guy because we chatted about other things while he was taking care of my account. He stated he noted everything. Sooooo he lied? Or did someone screw up and no one want to fix it? Is anyone capable of actually fixing things?
Super annoyed at the amount I paid each month for service and I would OVER pay every month to then get this. Customer care and service with all companies has gone out the window.

Being a long time customer doesn't mean you would get a break on a bill or ETF.  If you were in a contract and you moved to an area Comcast doesn't service, you would owe an ETF for the remainder of the contract.  A CSR doesn't have to give you a discount, but it sounds as though they offered one, which you apparently rejected.

I will escalate this for you, but can't guarantee anything will be done to change the circumstances.

Official Employee

Re: Charged DOUBLE

Hi @kmartin_85

@Again is correct. If you were still in an agreement when you moved outside of the service footprint, the ETF's would be valid. I can review your account to see if I find any notes or calls about this and what we can do moving forward, but I as well, cannot make any promises for compensation until an investigation is completed. 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.