Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Charged $60 to change X! box - have service protection

New Poster

Charged $60 to change X! box - have service protection

$60 charge on my bill, they came out because my X1 was going in and out, they determined the issue was at the pole to do with being at the upper threshhold, the service tech changed the X1 box while he was there, {I have service protection , and I have had for 30 years} they then charged me $ 60 on my bill for a professional installation LOL  I called Friday they told me the credit would be applied with 48hrs still no credit as of Tuesday AM, called again ended up in a call center in Costa Rica  I was informed the best they could do was credit me $20, I asked to speak with a supervisor he also informed me $20 was the best they could do  -- service protection plan states

Comcast does not charge for service visits needed to repair Comcast-owned facilities or equipment rented to you by Comcast. Charges may apply for service visits when Comcast-owned facilities or equipment rented to you by Comcast are not the source of the problem with your service. For instance, you may incur a charge for a service visit by a technician to your home in order to diagnose and repair problems with the In-Home Wiring used with your XFINITY services, or for the diagnosis of issues relating to the connection between Customer Equipment and your XFINITY services

I gave up and started chatting with comcast online, who says they reversed it, but I am not convinced since I was told the same thing on friday

Look forward to a response on service protection from a comcast representative

Official Employee

Re: Charged $60 to change X! box - have service protection

Hey Limey11! I replied to your other post http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service/60-In-home-Service-Charge/m-p/2951575#M132979, and I'm willing to review your account. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me.

In the body of this message please verify the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation