Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Changes to service not showing

Frequent Visitor

Changes to service not showing

Hi! You guys helped me before when I had a mobile phone problem, hope you can answer this question.

Yesterday, I received a call from the Xfinity sales department. The woman said my introductory offer was going to expire soon and would I be interested in changing plans. She offered a TV/Internet package with more channels and higher speed Internet for the same price. Of course I said yes and agreed to start right away on the new plan instead of waiting for the old plan to expire. Smiley Happy She sent the agreement to me in email, I clicked that I agreed, she read a few statements to me and the call ended. 

I was told I would see the changes later that day, but it's 24 hours later and I still don't see the changes. Plus, when I log on to my account, it doesn't show the changes either. What happened?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Administrator

Re: Changes to service not showing

@AprilWhine,

Sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced. I did check the bootfile on your modem and it is set to receive that new speed. However, as mentioned we cannot guarantee a speed from a 3rd party device such as a router. Typically, if those third party devices are not getting the right speed it is because they have not been reset since the upgrade. I recommend unplugging the router, waiting 30 seconds, and then pluging it back in. 

Again, we really recommend that you test that speed while connected directly to the modem. This will allow us to know where the issue is. If it is a modem/speed issue or a issue with a router/device. 

We can do additional troubleshooting once you are directly connected and have the results of that speed test. 

As for your television service, the only change that happened was a reduction in price and the removal of HBO. So your channels should be exactly the same as they were before you made the change. So there is not much more for us to do there.

FYI, with Watchathon running this week, you will be able to access HBO On Demand content until 04/22/18. 

All Replies
Administrator

@AprilWhine,

We apologize for the inconvenience, we are happy to investigate this further. Could you please send me a private message with your name, address, phone number, and account number and we can discuss this further. 

Frequent Visitor

Thank you Jessie, I have sent the info.

Administrator

@AprilWhine,

Thank you for authenticating your account with me via private message. I can tell you that the change you made with the representative did complete and it looks like you have everything you need to get the new speed and any new channels. 

I can tell you that your online account can take 24/48 hours to update after any changes are made on an account. I recommend waiting till tomorrow to verify they are showing on the account at that time. 

As for your actual service, can you please directly connect your computer to your modem with an Ethernet cord and run a speed test at http://speedtest.xfinity.com/ (we cannot guarantee speed with WiFi)? We ask that you post your results here. Once completed I will happily verify that you are/are not getting exactly what you are paying for.

Frequent Visitor

Channel line up has not changed either with the online app or via the cable box.

I am getting download speed of around 50 Mbps, but this is through my router. My modem is in another room and not accessible to a direct connect. 

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Administrator

@AprilWhine,

Sorry for the inconvenience that you have experienced. I did check the bootfile on your modem and it is set to receive that new speed. However, as mentioned we cannot guarantee a speed from a 3rd party device such as a router. Typically, if those third party devices are not getting the right speed it is because they have not been reset since the upgrade. I recommend unplugging the router, waiting 30 seconds, and then pluging it back in. 

Again, we really recommend that you test that speed while connected directly to the modem. This will allow us to know where the issue is. If it is a modem/speed issue or a issue with a router/device. 

We can do additional troubleshooting once you are directly connected and have the results of that speed test. 

As for your television service, the only change that happened was a reduction in price and the removal of HBO. So your channels should be exactly the same as they were before you made the change. So there is not much more for us to do there.

FYI, with Watchathon running this week, you will be able to access HBO On Demand content until 04/22/18. 

Official Employee

Hello AprilWhine, I am following up for ComcastJessie, were you able to test your speeds directly?