Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Change name on account

New Poster

Change name on account

I'm divorced and have been paying this bill for years.  I believed that I had changed the names when the account was modified and recently discovered it is still on my ex-husbands name.  This is ridiculous- I pay the bills, it's my home and my account.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Service Expert

Re: Change name on account

vmj3 wrote:

I'm divorced and have been paying this bill for years.  I believed that I had changed the names when the account was modified and recently discovered it is still on my ex-husbands name.  This is ridiculous- I pay the bills, it's my home and my account.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, if he was the Primary account holder with you as a secondary with permissions you may need his approval in order to transfer the account into your name; you can't just do a name change on the account even though you have been paying the bill for years.  Comcast doesn't care who pays the bill as long as it's paid.  This is obviously a complicated situation now at this point.

I will escalate this to the Corporate Digital Team available here to see if they can help get this transferred over to you.  It might take a few days for someone to respond or it could be sooner than that, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not PM any Official Employees as this slows down the process for other users who are being helped by them.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Change name on account

Hello vmj3. Unfortunately, we are unable to change the name of the primary account holder via Forums customer support. You will need to visit your local Comcast Store with valid ID, and there they can assist with closing the account in the other name, and opening an account in your name at the same location, with the same equipment. Of course, in order to do so, you will have to be listed as an authorized user on this account. This will also preset the opportunity for you to start a new customer promotion. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation