Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Can't afford $40 price increase and promised call back from retention department never came

New Poster

Can't afford $40 price increase and promised call back from retention department never came

After the promo price for internet ended and jumped from $40 to $70 I called customer service to see if there was anything cheaper could switch to or get internet and phone bundled. Oddly enough the isn't an internet and phone only plan which I thought was weird. I was transferred to the retention department after asking for my serviceto be canceled, the rep put me on hold several times to try and work out pricing. I couldn't afford internet by itself at $70 so when offered internet and phone for $90 I was really confused. I asked the rep to remove internet and just do phone service as my new home needs a phone line for the security system. She said she would call me back in 30 mins and I haven't heard back from her in 2 days.

I feel like I was tricked because i'm still stuck paying the $70 instead of the lesser phone only which was $40, seems high.
Official Employee

Re: Can't afford $40 price increase and promised call back from retention department never came

Apologies for your experience, Itswhitneyduh1. I can check if we have Single Play promotions for the phone service if you send me your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number in a private message. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me. Thank you!

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation