Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Bump in my monthly bill

New Poster

Bump in my monthly bill

Hello,

I'm an Xfinity customer and I saw a sudden bump in my bill from $140.month to $180. Looking through things I'm assuming it's because the initial 2 year promo deal ended for the XF Doube Play but I don't remember getting a notification to warn me that hey, this is coming.

Also there's a a very slight increase in other fees such as the Blast Internet, Broadcast TV and Regional Sports fee (I don't watch any sports, please take that out!)

Are there any promotional deals that make sense for a custmoer who wants to continue being your customer rather than move on to Dish or simply, online/on-demand viewing channels. Thank you

Expert

Re: Bump in my monthly bill

wrote:

Hello,

I'm an Xfinity customer and I saw a sudden bump in my bill from $140.month to $180. Looking through things I'm assuming it's because the initial 2 year promo deal ended for the XF Doube Play but I don't remember getting a notification to warn me that hey, this is coming.

Also there's a a very slight increase in other fees such as the Blast Internet, Broadcast TV and Regional Sports fee (I don't watch any sports, please take that out!)

Are there any promotional deals that make sense for a custmoer who wants to continue being your customer rather than move on to Dish or simply, online/on-demand viewing channels. Thank you

Just an FYI, whether or not you watch sports, sports networks are included in your package, which is why you have the fee.  It cannot be removed unless you downgade to the lowest tv tier, which will also most likely remove any "favorite" channels you love to watch.

Official Employee

Re: Bump in my monthly bill

Hi, bigB1 - As our Service Expert Again mentioned, the Regional Sports Fee applies to all Xfinity TV customers receiving Digital Starter and above. Our digital channel lineups include a variety of programming that appeals broadly to our customers' interests, including general entertainment, news, and sports programming. We offer these very popular regional sports networks on our most widely distributed levels of service, and this fee covers a small portion of our costs to carry these increasingly expensive channels. I will be happy to check what available promotions we might have in your area. Please send me a private message that includes your full name, address, and a phone or account number. Thank you!