New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee

ANSWERED
New Poster

Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee

I just received my bill and the Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee have gone up 50%, once again. <Edited for violating forum guidelines> I'd like to know when I might see my money again.

Accepted Solution

Re: Broadcast TV Fee and Regional Sports Fee

Hello purdyjohn. I understand your concern over these fees:

The Broadcast TV Fee is an itemized charge that recovers a portion of the costs of re-transmitting broadcast television signals. Broadcast stations have the right to charge for their signals, and cable provides like Comcast end up paying substantial fees in order to carry them.

Regarding the Regional Sports Fee: We included this fee because our digital channel lineups include a variety of programming that appeals broadly to our customers' interests, including general entertainment, news and sports programming. Under the current distribution model, we offer these very popular regional sports networks on our most widely distributed levels of service, and this fee covers a small portion of our costs to carry these increasingly expensive channels.

If you need any further support with your account, please let me know. You can send me a private message if needed. Thank you. 

View answer in context
Regular Contributor

afaik, there has been nothing on the ones filed. The fees are legal and most likely the only ones who will ever see any money from this are the lawyers. I would not count to much on seeing any money refunded for the fees. Don't get me wrong I thing a advertised package should include these fees in the big bold price one sees and not in the fine print, but as long as the rest of the industry does it, I'm sure Comcast will also. The only true solution to not paying broadcast/sports fees is not to have cable/satellite service.

Official Employee

Hello purdyjohn. I understand your concern over these fees:

The Broadcast TV Fee is an itemized charge that recovers a portion of the costs of re-transmitting broadcast television signals. Broadcast stations have the right to charge for their signals, and cable provides like Comcast end up paying substantial fees in order to carry them.

Regarding the Regional Sports Fee: We included this fee because our digital channel lineups include a variety of programming that appeals broadly to our customers' interests, including general entertainment, news and sports programming. Under the current distribution model, we offer these very popular regional sports networks on our most widely distributed levels of service, and this fee covers a small portion of our costs to carry these increasingly expensive channels.

If you need any further support with your account, please let me know. You can send me a private message if needed. Thank you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Can you tell me where how to find the local franchising authority? I want to make a complaint about Comcast and can't seem to find it. I have searched everywhere.

Official Employee

Hello pikplum. Your Local Franchise Authority contact information is found on the 3rd page of your most recent bill. If you need any further support with your account, please let me know. You can send me a private message if needed. Thank you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation