Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Billing system Deficiences

Contributor

Billing system Deficiences

Happens every year when coming off of Sesonal Service despite having service change dates in synch with monthly service begin/end dates: With the practice of billing in advance, the system cannot accurately bill for the first month of the return to normal service. With bills being generated prior to the cutover date to normal service, you are billed another month of Seasonal in error. Then when the next bill is generated, after the return date to normal service, the billing system corrects for the prior month's Seasonal charge error and bills that month again at full service. This coupled with the current month charges amounts to a double bill of over $400

If Comcast wanted to fix this deficiency they could. Simple programming logic is all that is needed. Or at the very least, notify customers to prepare and if they chose, to send in additional monies to correct for the extra month Seasonal charge.

And when you contact the billing folks and ask if this double charge will occur, once you get them to explain their system, of course they tell you all will be fine. I did make that call and all is not fine.

To add to this, the first month of your requested Seasonal Service does not commence until a month later. Only to make things more confusing in the end.

Official Employee

Re: Billing system Deficiences

Hi, jghiller - One of my colleagues provided an explanation how the billing system works in your previous post: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Customer-Service-Archive/Seasonal-Service-Strikes-Again/m-p/2887092#M96.... Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

The previous answer simply restated what I indicated as the deficiency in the billing system when you bill in advance. It should matter not when seasonal starts and ends. If the billing system had logic to anticipate the upcoming changes, accurate charges would be posted. But when you bill an extra month of seasonal charges because the system cuts the bill prior to the service switch, and then corrects for this on the next bill which results in a double monthly payment -  (full service charge for the prior month seasonal error, coupled with the accurate full service bill for the coming month), the customer gets a $400+ bill. 

Contributor

I should qualify my answer with regard to when services start and end - I specifically had Seasonal Start and END on the start dates of my monthly billing cycle to avoid any partial month charges - which of course didnt help one bit. When I did last call about why Seasonal didnt end as it should and was explained that - '...its because the bill is cut before your request starts....'. And when I asked if my next bill would be back to normal, I was told absolutely. 

Admin1

jghiller -- Our billing system is able to anticipate these changes however we legally cannot bill you for a change that hasn't occurred yet as you could decide not to go through with that change. The bills you receive cannot reflect a change that has not occurred yet. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Then the billing system should document the issues caused by billing in advance and the problems that can occur when invoices are cut prior to planned and documented service plan changes. Concurrently inform the customer of ways they can ameliorate the upcoming double bill, e.g. send a separate payment in when the next billing email comes out showing the double month charges so that the financial impacts are lessend. Include this info in their monthly invoice and related email notices. The customer should have the funds available to do this adhoc payment because they were not billed at the full plan rate in the prior month.

In any event - setting up services that ultimately will create a severe financial strain as shown in this example should be reviewed.

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation