Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Billing rate increase

New Poster

Billing rate increase

This is ridiculous. Been a customer since 1995. Suddenly, after being told my rate would be valid for two years, you jack my bill up $10.34 a month with no warning, violating your agent's verbal agreement with me. Called customer service, who admitted the error, credited me 3 months of HBO, and then told me the rate would go back to the $119.99 a month instead of the now jacked up rate of $129.99.

Well, that was a lie, all caught on tape recording December 9th. So this time, after a 20 minute call, I get run through the ringer, and told they will pull the tapes to see if it was a 2-year contract. They claim it was one year. Regardless, after being a customer for 22 years, you'd think they would give me a good deal and keep the same rate regardless. You guys are ruthless. Your agents lie. Your internet constantly disconnects for no reason, go look at my call history and see how often. You give people promotional rates that are dirt cheap, but God forbid you do the same to a 22-year customer. Nope. Making us jump through hoops seems to be better customer service to you people. 

I cannot believe you can't simply honor the rate I was promised when I expanded my service. If this isn't fixed, I will definitely be cancelling my service. Your agent says they can give me a rate of $114.99 a month but I have to sign up for another two years. Why, so you can lie to me and raise the rates in the middle of the agreement again?? Sorry, I'm not falling for that again. Give me the $114.99 a month with the ability to cancel my service without penalty instead at any time I want if you truly value me as a customer after 22 years. Ridiculous.

Service Expert

Re: Billing rate increase

hi, I moved your post to the billing area. someone will contact you shortly. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Billing rate increase

Hi, TFrog76 - My apologies for your experience, please send me your full name, address, and a phone number in a private message. I will be happy to assist you with your billing concern. Thank you!

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation