Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Billing, promo pricing, and term of agreement

Regular Visitor

Billing, promo pricing, and term of agreement

With no explanation my plan and bill changes, or the bill is just wrong,  and then I have to call which I already did wating to hear back and still no call back. So last week I went to the Comcast office in Franklin, TN in person, after being a customer over 20 years, and have moved 5 times within a circle 2 miles in diameter.

Here is what I have learned from various sources:

Online, states in my account listing that I have 2 year agreement Double Play TV/Internet 220 channels, free HBO, StreamPix, Starz, Internet 300 mb, no data cap. Term 9/2016-9/2018 then price goes to $195/m. Printed bill states HBO is part of bundle.

In September went into the Nashville office, asked for a gigabit modem, XB6 given to me over the counter. In December moved around the corner, did self install.  Next bill, free HBO GONE, charged $60 for professional install which never happend.

First call late January, connected to rep in Manila. Gave me $15 credit and elevated issue to next level. Next day I get an email from Response Team, claims my free HBO was under an agreement running 9/2015-9/2017 and that was it. Obvious implication is that I had 2 overlapping service agreements which I was told in person is impossible.  Called 10 days age. Again Manila customer service center. Could not restore my free HBO as part of my bundle but said could offer "current promotion of 3 months free HBO". I said OK. Said I had never had a professional install, rep agreed if I had there would be a signed receipt by me but her supervisor would have to email it to me. Never got an email.

3 days later I visit the Franklin office. Over 60 minutes of face to face discussion with 2 supervisors who stated they had multiple data sources re customer agreements. They printed out a 1.5 page web based  "service agreement"  which to my recollection was not any intent to change anything other than my location, and the printout did not contain pricing or services info. Rep claims this is now a new 24 agreement running 12/2017-12/2019. When I pulled up my online account page, and a pdf of my most recent bill showing the bundle agreement price of $130 and HBO part of the bundle, and the website term stated as 9/2016-9/2018, she could not explain the discrepancy but was adamant that 12/2017-12/2019 was correct. I asked her to confirm my price would be $130 until 12/2019 and include free HBO and she would not; I asked her to print our my 9/2016-9/2018 agreement and she could not. I showed her the email including case# from Escalation Department claiming my free HBO was under a service agreement 9/2015-9/2017, asked her to print that agreement, but she could not even find it in her system.

Asked about the non-existent professional install and shared that I had been given an XB6 for self install in 9/2017. (By this time there is already a $60 credit on my account, and review of the activity log shown the visit, which I never asked for, was cancelled in their system 3 days prior to the date that I was charged for it)  She claimed that me having an XB6 was impossible as they were not ever stocked in stores and could only be provided via professional install. I had in my iPhone browser history an image of address and it shows my home setup with the XB6. Then she said someone had made a big mistake by giving me the modem (not really given as I pay the monthly fee), but stopped insisting that I did not have one.

So, I left there with multiple unresolved issues including conflicting documentation all current and provided by Comcast regarding what my bundle was, for what term my free HBO was owed to me, whether my current pricing is "promotional" or not, and most importantly if I should be getting the $130 bundle as printed on my bill including free HBO through 9/2018, or was it supposed to stop in 9/2017 and only continued until 1/2018 due to internal problem with Comcast builling, or was I now supposed to get the services I had been getting from 9/2016 to 12/2017 all the way through 12/2019?  Comcast agreements refer to the multiple ways they can notify customer of changes to service agreements, including what is shown on their website; the website includes a statement cautioning the viewer that Comcast is not responsible for any inaccuracies on the website. So it sounds like if they want the website to bind a customer it might, but that if they don't want it to they can claim it is not correct, not current, etc.

After 1 hour I had to leave, and told them the only thing I was sure of was that I would not ever pay $195/m for the services I had been getting for $130. They understood my points, could not resolve the issues, and gave me a 205 area code number to call, which turned out to be the switchboard for Comcast HQ in Philly.

I post this in the hope that someone from Comcast will reach out to me.

Official Employee

Re: Billing, promo pricing, and term of agreement

Hi cwf1955, 

I'd like to apologize for the experience you've had while trying to get this resolved. I will be more than happy to review your account and help make this right. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation