Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Billing of old account

New Poster

Billing of old account

I was on the phone with a representative that seemed to go on forever without the issue being resolved and I did not appreciate his attitude toward the matter. The issue is that I have been an unprecedented and a loyal consumer with the Comcast company for over 30 years. I had an account in my previous name for many years then when my life changed, I decided to cancel that account in which I did and then, later on, reopened a new account under my new married name and address. The issue is the old account was closed out like a year ago but, I received a collection letter for an amount that I DO NOT OWE !!  I was told by a representative that the old bill was settled and was closed out entirely. I was given a confirmation number representing that fact.and assured the matter was all taken care of nearly 10 months ago. So, why now after 10 months am I receiving a collections letter stating that I owe for the old account. I do not agree with the way this matter has played out as I know for a fact that I have an excellent credit record and with the fact that this matter was settled nearly a year ago that I get such a letter that looks bad on my credit. I believe the matter was taken care of many months ago. I DO NOT BELIEVE IT'S MY RESPONSIBILITY OR OBLIGATION FOR THIS ISSUE. I need someone to let me know this matter NO LONGER EXISTS. 

Thank you and God Bless you

ElizabethM411 

Official Employee

Re: Billing of old account

Hi, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to check for any offers for you from here.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation