Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Billed in error

New Poster

Billed in error

I am having an issue with a bill that was sent to collections from my previous address. I was receiveing Internet, Cable, Phone and Security at my townhouse and then I got married and moved in with my husband who had all services set up except for security. My name was already on this account as well. So I notified Xfinity in advance that I would be moving and that I wanted to transfer my services to my "new address." I was informed by the agent that since there were already services at the new address and that I was already an authorized party on the account, I didn't need to transfer anything except the security services. So I dropped off the equipment at a local office and set the appointment for installation at my new address. Well I was recently called by a collections agency stating that I had and overdue bill of over $600 from Xfinity for my previous address. My account was current when I moved and I actually was paid up a month so how did this happen? I am beyond frustrated by this and want it resolved immediately. This is interferring with the purchase of a new home and I am actually to the point of contacting a lawyer for resolution by any means. Did I mention that I still have services with Xfinity but my husband is just primary on the account. How should I proceed with fixing this before venturing the lawyer/lawsuit route?

Service Expert

Re: Billed in error

@AngieB0514 wrote:

I am having an issue with a bill that was sent to collections from my previous address. I was receiveing Internet, Cable, Phone and Security at my townhouse and then I got married and moved in with my husband who had all services set up except for security. My name was already on this account as well. So I notified Xfinity in advance that I would be moving and that I wanted to transfer my services to my "new address." I was informed by the agent that since there were already services at the new address and that I was already an authorized party on the account, I didn't need to transfer anything except the security services. So I dropped off the equipment at a local office and set the appointment for installation at my new address. Well I was recently called by a collections agency stating that I had and overdue bill of over $600 from Xfinity for my previous address. My account was current when I moved and I actually was paid up a month so how did this happen? I am beyond frustrated by this and want it resolved immediately. This is interferring with the purchase of a new home and I am actually to the point of contacting a lawyer for resolution by any means. Did I mention that I still have services with Xfinity but my husband is just primary on the account. How should I proceed with fixing this before venturing the lawyer/lawsuit route?

It sounds as though you got hit with early termination fees for canceling internet, cable, and phone.  Were you in a contract at the time you transferred your service?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

Re: Billed in error

AngieB0514, if your account at your new address with your husband is still in his name it doesn't sound like you actually transferred services--it sounds more like the services at your last place were cancelled and then new XFINITY home services were created on his account. If that is the case, then the early termination fees would be valid. Let's take a closer look. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and phone number tied to your residential services for help.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation