Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

Billed for services not ordered

Regular Visitor

Billed for services not ordered

I am disputing all the charges of the Cable TV Service Plan that was added to my internet service on July 12 and removed on August 22. I am disputing these charges because I did not approve the Cable TV Service to be added to my Internet Service. I had a telephone conversation with a Comcast agent in July a promotional TV Service Plan. The agent described the plan and asked if I was interested. I told the agent that I do not accept verbal offers over the phone. I asked him to write up the offer and send it for my review and approval. I told him that I will decide when I review the written offer. A detail summary of our telephone conversation regarding the verbal offer is as follows: 

Comcast agent will send me a written offer to review it and if I like the offer, I should take the following steps:

1. Get the equipment
    1. Go to one of the local Georgia Comcast stores and give them the order number to pick up the equipment.
    2. Another option; Comcast can also send me the equipment through UPS but I would have to pay for the shipping cost, which I strongly declined.

1. I told him one of the 4 TV rooms has no cable outlet and asked him if Comcast has a wireless cable box that I can use and he told me no but a Comcast technician would install a new cable box outlet at a cost of $60, and I will need to make my own arrangement to install the outlet when I pick up the equipment.

1. He provided me with a phone number (855-652-3446) to call Comcast to activate my service when the installation is complete.

1. I did not receive the written offer proposal for my review and approval as promised. I left the country for vacation on July 10 and I got back from my vacation on August 13. I was in West Africa for one month.  Upon my return from vacation on August 13, I saw a big box from Comcast delivered via UPS.  I did not open the box and I called Comcast the next day and asked them to come and pick up their box. I explained that I did not need a cable TV service from them now.  Five (5) days passed and no response from Comcast.

1. I told the agent my contract with Direct TV was ending in August and will let Comcast know if I accept the offer when the contract ends.

Comcast is charging me $217.03 for a cable TV service that I did not accept and approve or use. They are claiming that I did not contact them within the 30 days’ grace period to cancel the written offer. My understanding was the 30 days’ grace period to cancel only applied if I had accepted the offer and installed the equipment.  This did not happen. How could I have contacted them to cancel the offer when I was not in the country?  This in fact could not have been a problem if they have followed the protocol we agreed on during our telephone conversation as outlined in June 2017. The agreement was not for Comcast to send me any equipment.  The agreement was that I will pick up the equipment myself and make the arrangement to install them if I accept the written offer.  Comcast did not follow this agreement and now they want me to pay $198.03 for the 40 days that the equipment was sitting in my home while I was on 30 day vacation (For which I can provide documentation).  This is unacceptable to me and I will not pay these charges. This is of no fault of my own and I will not pay for a service and equipment that I did not accept, install or use.

On August 18, I took the box to one of the local Georgia Comcast offices. A Comcast representative in the local office gave me a phone number (800-934-6489) to call the Comcast billing department to ask them to adjust my bill and take off the TV service portion of my plan

I have made numerous calls and spoken to several Comcast agents since then and no one from Comcast has been able to help me to resolve the problem. One of the several agents I spoke with gave me her supervisor’s name and phone number to call her. The supervisor’s name is Ms. Sonya Bonds and her phone number is (901) 259-1473. 

I’ve called Ms. Bonds more than five times and left several detail voice mail messages and she never return or respond to any of my messages.  This is not a way to treat a customer in my opinion. I have never had this much problem with any customer service department before including Comcast until now

I have been doing business with Comcast for more than seven years and I have had only few minor problems during these past years, but not as serious as this one. This is not the way to treat a customer.  Again, I will not pay for a service I did not use. This appears to be unreasonable technicality on the part of Comcast.  I will rather lose my internet service than to pay these unreasonable charges.

Therefore, I’m asking the Comcast Customer Service Department to carefully review my complaint and reconsider my situation. I will continue to pay he portion of my new internet service bill until this matter is resolved.  I want to keep my internet service with Comcast, but not at cost of paying for service I did not approve and accept or use.  That is not fair and it is very wrong.

Your prompt attention to this matter will be appreciated.

Thank you,

I'm using this forum because I've called Customer Service many times to no avail. 

Forum Changes:
Open Wifi Hotspots Northeast Division... See More
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation