Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Billed for a rental modem, have our own.

New Poster

Billed for a rental modem, have our own.

We have not had a Comcast rental modem since the Motorola Surfboard in 2004. We returned it to the office then and bought our own, then replaced it with a Netgear Nighthawk. Duly reported info to Comcast.

In 2016, again in 2017 had "audit" letter and begin to be billed. Called and after much time on the phone got charges removed.

Happened again in March 2018. Made phone calls on March 7, March 27 with promises both times of it will be taken care of.

Not so. Called again today to agent and separate call to supervisor. 

Showing Motorola Surfboard that is 14 years old being used, which is ludicrous.

We need help; tired of the time wasted and the agents who do not follow up.

We do not use Twitter or Facebook and the email we sent to We-Can_Help@cable.comcast.com indicated we must do Twitter, Facebook, or go into a store...or worse....call the 800 number which is truly not helping.  We_Can_Help is not active anymore aftter we (naturally) spend an hour composing the email detailing the issue. At age 72, I do not do Twitter or Facebook.

HELP!

What is the next step? Where can we email our detailed information to now?

Rosemary and Don

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Billed for a rental modem, have our own.

Having been through the "we own your modem" notice, as well, I believe you. As it was explained to me, the modem ownership status "switch" needs to be flipped in two places by two different departments, which often doesn't happen.  Then, when an automated audit happens, the AI thinks the modem belongs to Comcast and generates the letter.  It's a common problem, so hang tight.  One of the employees should be here soon to address the problem.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation