Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Bill payment question

New Poster

Bill payment question

How long does it take for a paid bill to show up in Comcast's records s having been paid. I paid my most recent bill by check on 7/2/18 and it hasn't cleared my bank yet. Could it be that the 4th of July holiday intervened. Thank you for helping. I do like to keep my bills up to date..
Expert

Re: Bill payment question

@rboylern wrote:
How long does it take for a paid bill to show up in Comcast's records s having been paid. I paid my most recent bill by check on 7/2/18 and it hasn't cleared my bank yet. Could it be that the 4th of July holiday intervened. Thank you for helping. I do like to keep my bills up to date..

Did you mail your check in?  If so, you have to realize that mail isn't always a 24 hour deal.  And yes, there was the holiday in there.  Not to mention a weekend.  A check takes considerably longer to be handled, literally, because it goes to the PO, is handled and sorted, put on trucks for delivery, either to the airport or truck, logged in at the destination PO, handled and sorted, delievered to the business, again handled and sorted, and then either input or scanned to your account.  It can take up to 7 business days, or even 10 business days.  And, thee is always the possibility that it might get lots or destroyed somewhere in that transit.

Although you would be charged a fee, it's almost better to take that check down to your local Comcast store and pay it there.  There is always autopay, which can be set up with a card used ONLY for the purpose of paying the bill, where you transfer money to it each month in the amount of the bill or rounded up.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Bill payment question

Hi rboylern, I can confirm what "Again" said is correct and the expected window is 7-10 business days but other variables can affect the transit.  Please reach out if you have any other questions.

Thank you