Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Bill keeps increasing despite the contract

Regular Visitor

Bill keeps increasing despite the contract

What useful is a contract with Xfinity? The price keeps increasing without notice. Besides, we are paying for tons of channels that we never watch that they included in the "contract" even though we told them we were not interested. I visited one of the stores yesterday to see if we can cut some channels and all they say is that the price will even increase! How can we pay more for less? It does not make sense. The payment amount is now well over our budget. We have been customers for over 15 years, but that doesn't mean anything to this company. We are old folks on a limited income and having medical bills.  Husband still working part time at 80 years old even with health issues. Since we cannot cut channels to lower our bill we now would like to completely cut all services. Are we still going to have to pay a fee for breaking a contract that they are constantly breaking?

Service Expert

Re: Bill keeps increasing despite the contract

You can't cut individual channels you don't watch, unfortunately.  The best you can do is downgrade your tier.

As for your contract, your bundle price stays the same until your contract is up, but equipment fees, taxes, and surcharges can fluctuate and/or go up.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

That's what we were trying to do. Downgrade tier, and were told the price would increase!

Regular Visitor

Who is responsible for increasing the fees, taxes and surcharges?

Official Employee

Hello VivaVoce, and thank you for reaching out to us. I can assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your account number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Shane, have you received my information? I sent it a long time ago!

Official Employee

Hi VivaVoce! I can help with your billing concerns. Please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, and the street address associated with your services.

To send a private message, click on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

New Poster

Me too!

I left ATT Uverse and Dish for Xfinity because they gave me a (2 Year Contract ) with a fixed price. I also paid early termination fees to Dish.

After just a few months they raised my monthly price, then a couple more months they raised it again, and this coming bill - they raised it again!

It has not even been 1 Year.

I guess if they choose to ignore the contract, then I consider it void!

Xfinity- If you read this I am putting you on notice that (I NO Longer agree to your TOS) consider this your notice.

Oh, and when I called the first time Customer service told me "sorry, there is nothing we can do" she also would not answer me when I asked about my supposed 2 year contract.

New Poster

Same with me!  "Fees" are now 30% of my bill!  This is insane!

Official Employee

Hey @icybernate, 

Sorry about the experience. It seems like you may have had some promotional rates that rolled off that contributed to your rate increase however, I'd like to review your account to see if I can confirm and assist you. Can you please verify your first and last name, full street address, and the phone number or account number associated with your services in a private message? 

@joesmom1, I have replied to another post that you commented on and am willing to assist you as well if interested.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation