Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Being charged for services I didn't request

New Poster

Being charged for services I didn't request

Roughly a week ago, I chatted with a rep about getting a STB which will support 2160 (4k) resolution. She mentioned the X1 and during the chat I asked multiple times what charges if any would be associated with changing to the new STB. She assured me multiple time that the only charge would be the $15 to have the new STB shipped and that the X1 is covered as part of the standard packeage. I get the STB pretty quickly, set it up, return the original STB and all is good. BTW I have really enjoyed Xfinity since leaving Fios.

Today I receive an email stating changeds to my account are approved, which I found odd since I didn't authorize any changes. When I login I foind new equipment charges and a DVR service charge per month. I'm now very angry because I tried to avoid this. I get in touch with another rep this evening and explain I have an issue with this entire situation. He explains that she was wrong and that there is a charge for the STB and the service. When I asked him if the service could be disabled as I was never interested or asked for DVR service, he essentially said there is nothing he can do and that now that I have the STb I should just try to use and enjoy it. I expaliend I would be happy to if he waived the fees. He stated this was not possible and that now I would need to take the new STB back to a ser ice center that they would be able to work on refunding the shipping charges.

So in summary, I will now have to be put out by making two trips to remove a service I never asked for only to get thedowngraded service I originally had. I am only looking for support for the beter resolution. Help please???? make me a happy Xfinity customer again please.

Official Employee

Re: Being charged for services I didn't request

Hi klnaco12345, I am showing you talked to an agent after writing this post.  Please let me know if you are still in need of assistance.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation