Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Being charged for Broadcast Fees despite no TV box, outdated service plan burst charges

New Poster

Being charged for Broadcast Fees despite no TV box, outdated service plan burst charges

So when we set up our account, we told them time after time that we didn't want a TV box; weren't interested, please don't send the TV self setup package, we have our own modem, etc, and we just want internet. They sent one, and after we talked to customer service, we just stored it in the garage. Recently we received a $200 credit to our account, we assumed it was for the broadcast fees or the Internet burst bonus that we have just been paying for 2 years despite it doing literally nothing. Alas, it's not. Somehow it was for an internet overage, that resulted in a credit, that they then charged, and then billed us again for our normal charges. However, we further inspected our bill to find some ridiculous fees. 

Long story short, we've been paying about $100 a month, including $7 a month broadcast TV fee despite not using a box, and $15 speed burst upgrade that's been outdated for a loooong time, with no prorates for our service dropping multiple times a week for 30min-2hours. Is there a possible way to get some of that money back, or even jsut get a plan that makes sense? We talked to retention tonight, and they offered us an insulting $92 a month for just an internet plan. Everyone raves about the retention department, but they literally wasted our time. We've tried every possible avenue that we know of, now it's the forums.

When we have to call Comcast it's the most stressful experience ever, they bounce us between departments, don't call us backwhen they say they will(or the person they said they would call back), it's just miserable, and normally hours of stress.

Official Employee

Re: Being charged for Broadcast Fees despite no TV box, outdated service plan burst charges

Hello Kster. I can assist you with an account review to see if there are any offers available that may better suit your needs. We can certainly look at the option to remove the internet speed upgrade.

Regarding the Broadcast TV Fee, this is an itemized charge that recovers a portion of the costs of re-transmitting broadcast television signals. Broadcast stations have the right to charge for their signals, and cable providers like Comcast end up paying substantial fees in order to carry them. This fee is charged based on your cable package subscription tier, and not the usage of any type of cable box. 

Also, if you are experiencing trouble with your internet service dropping, we can troubleshoot that service as well. We want you to enjoy reliable service.

To get started, please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can help you. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation