members

online now

discussions

Being charged $60 for something I was promised I would not be

SOLVED
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2

Hi,

When I added more services to Comcast and wanted to set up my smaller TV in the bedroom, it did not work.  A technician came out and said we would not be charged the $60 service fee because the small box was bad and he replaced it without doing anything else.    I did not sign anything to agree to the service charge above but we are keep getting billed for it and receiving warnings.  I spoke to customer service (Bless was her name) on April 30 and she said " just pay the difference and the charge would be automatically dropped next billing cycle".  Well, it has not, and my May bill still shows the extra charge  of $60 which we were told would not be charged anymore.  Please help as this is very frustrating to keep getting this charge on our bill and being threatened with interuption of service. 
Thanks

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2
Solution

Hello bf8. I can assist with the $60 fee you were charged.

I have reviewed your account and I see we issue a fee for the technician visit and you were billed $60.00 with a $15 discount off that amount. Your bill reflected the $45 total for the technician visit. I reviewed the notes and resolution for the visit and it appears you should not have been billed the $45.

I have issued a $45 credit for this invalid charge. You will see this credit on your next month's bill. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon